Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best graphics card please

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 5, 2013 5:15:55 PM

I have a i3 2100 processor with dh61ww motherboard. There is no budget limitation for me so please suggest me the best graphics card of nvidia for me. Dont suggest me to change the processor because that's something i don't want to do in the near future.

I know gtx 690 is the best but my i3 will bottleneck it. So please suggest me the best card which my i3 would not bottle neck.

More about : graphics card

a b Î Nvidia
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:21:13 PM

GTX 670.
m
0
l
January 5, 2013 5:23:24 PM

Sunius said:
GTX 670.

but sunius dont you think that gtx 670 would get bottlenecked by my poor i3 2100??
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 160 U Graphics card
a c 171 V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:26:00 PM

long456 said:
but sunius dont you think that gtx 670 would get bottlenecked by my poor i3 2100??


Not at all. i3 s have amazing per core speeds. But if budget is not a limitation. Get an HD7970GHz edition, its the fastest single graphics card available...

OR if budget REALLY is not an issue, get an I5 2400 AND a HD 7970GHz edition. LOL

But you should be fine for like 2 years with the I3... SO don't stress...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:29:08 PM

I agree, if the i3-2100 might bottleneck a GTX 670 or Radeon 7970 in certain games, it will be only by a small margin, but nothing too drastic. If that's too much for your budget, go for a 660-Ti or 7950.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 160 U Graphics card
a c 171 V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:29:12 PM

long456 said:
I have a i3 2100 processor with dh61ww motherboard. There is no budget limitation for me so please suggest me the best graphics card of nvidia for me. Dont suggest me to change the processor because that's something i don't want to do in the near future.

I know gtx 690 is the best but my i3 will bottleneck it. So please suggest me the best card which my i3 would not bottle neck.


Keep in mind, what PSU do you have? I rarely suggest multi GPUs as they have their own issues and take HUGE amounts of power. The GTX690 is not the best. The HD7990 or HD7970 x2 is.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 160 U Graphics card
a c 171 V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:30:05 PM

MC_K7 said:
I agree, if the i3-2100 might bottleneck a GTX 670 or Radeon 7970 in certain games, it will be only by a small margin, but nothing too drastic. If that's too much for your budget, go for a 660-Ti or 7950.


Between those 2, take the GTX 660ti. IMO
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:47:22 PM

And good point by Novuake, make sure you have a good PSU before putting a high end GPU in that system.
m
0
l
!