Line In Problem

qarban

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
Hi all... The sound from my amplified audio system connected to my built in sound card is fine but when I am trying to record a wav file using my nero software I cannot hear any sound from the created wav file... I tried other software such as jet audio but still unsuccessful. Is there any way to resolve this? My Mother board is Gigabyte GA-6WMM-e with Intel 810 chipset and Yamaha 744 PCI sound chip. The sound card is built in. Please help...

G

I may be stating the obvious, but double check the mixer settings. Lots of applications have a nasty habit of changing your settings including muting devices, changing volume levels, and changing default output devices.

A simple check would be to play one of the Windows sounds from the Control Panel.

And (once again, may be stating the obvious) don't forget to double check cabling.

Just a thought - are you using the Nero Wave file editor to play the sound? It should confirm that the file you created exists and volumes are correct.

I got caught up in a similar situation recently when my new webcam swapped the default input device on me. What I THOUGHT was 3 hours of a radio program turned out to be background noise in the room.

qarban

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
Thanks for the information pal, I will check the settings when I reach home coz' I'm @ work and using the company's internet hehehe...