bottlehead

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Hello,
my system:
CPU: i7-2600 3.4GHz
GPU: GTX 560
RAM: 16GB

I get incredibly low FPS 20-30 on dota and 15-25 Tera, on my old PC with AMD Phenom x2 and GTX 275 I got better FPS in those games than on this one.
At first I thought the low fps I got were due to really outdated 2011 driver, I then installed the latest drivers from 1.5.13 (nvidia). Still same FPS.
Can anyone help me?

bottlehead

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

Sorry, I meant DotA2 and Tera is from last year and has quite great graphics.

start with your mb make sure it has all the mb bios updates. in the bios check that your memory running on xmp mode. boot into windows download the newest intel chipset drivers. then reboot..the chipset drivers control the pci bridge that connects the mb and gpu. downlaod cpu-z make sure your ram running at it rated speed. then download gpu-z make sure the video card read right and running at the max pci bus speed (2.0x16.) there is a know glitch in cpu z that the bus speed will read 16x then drop to 2x. it becuase of intel and gpu power savings. just run a video or a game demo and rerun the test. in the nvidia control panel make sure you set the gpu to one monitor if you have one. set the power slider to performance so the card does not de clock. make sure you download june directx update. that should be the newest update. check on the game web page if your missing any patch files. also look into the game video setup most new games have a tab button to run under version 9x or 10x. of direct x. try seeing if the game runs better under 9 or 10. the gtx 275 was at the time the top of the line card. the 560ti in some parts is not as fast as the 275 would be if it was cut on a new gpu. look in the game and nvidia settings for aa or anything thta clean up pixel rendering. nvidia and most games set it to 4 or 8x. try setting it lower or turning it off. there are things in games eye candy that eat up fps. it a trade off to have with a mid range card..high fps or all the eye candy.