when i start san andreas and get to the main menu all of the text is blocks
and their is no back ground. then when i click around and find the new game
button it crashes and then i get an error report. I've updated all of my
drivers for my Via s3g unichrome video card and i've downloaded directx 9 and
it didn't work.... HELP!

Hi Mister P,

You're going to need to invest in an AGP video card instead of that
built in graphics chipset which you're using now if you're into gaming.

The chipset is fine for desktop applications, but NOT for gaming...
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=43&threadid=60683&enterthread=y

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User