Need Advice - Gaming PC

phx08

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hello All,

I need some advice on which motherboard I should be going with as currently, i'm completely confused with all of the specs that motherboards have...I don't know which one to go with.

Criteria:
I want an extreme gaming PC (price isn't much of an issue..but to a degree)
I do a lot of gaming, but my current system is really lacking now
I want something that is future proof for at least a few years
I want to OC so liquid cooling is compulsory

I was thinking about:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Intel Series 7 ($245)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core ($320)

The other peripherals i'm still doing research on so I don't have a list for that (any help on that would be appreciated as well)

phx08

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Awesome..thanks for sharing that resource. I'll check it out!

Are those builds the most up-to-date at the current time? I've seen some forums where its a couple months or even a YEAR old!

Thanks!

Tirfi

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
its about a month old or so ... thats why i say its a good starting point.. After you figure out a little more details i would come back and post your idea and have people comment in a little more detail ..

the more information you share in the post the better response you will get. The problem with saying "i want a awesome pc for doing stuff that will last" (not what you said but what so many others do) is that the hardware is different for different needs

so give us a good idea of what you want the unit to do .. how much you want to spend and and ideas that you have in your head and you will get a much more detailed and useful response.. .