DePlane

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
ASRock's Z77 Pro4-M doesn't support SLI, and since the GTX 690 has two GK104 GPU's inside does that mean I won't be able to run it on my motherboard? My brother says yes. I don't believe him...

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Since it takes one PCIE slot it will run

ProSnipor

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
It doesn't support sli because it doesn't have 2 pci-e slots for graphics cards to go into. Being the GTX 690 is two graphics cards on one pcb (backplate of the graphics card) you should be able to use it in your motherboard just fine. Just make sure you have a sufficient power supply and connectors. Hope this helped!

G

yes it will work and i hope you didn't say anything to your brother that you now regret.

i've done that with my brother a few times . . :p

cuecuemore

Distinguished
PSU and case will be the real possible constraints. The 690 is the lowest-power dual-gpu card ever, but I'd still recommend a quality 600w PSU for it. And the 690 won't fit in most mid tower case designs, just something to keep in mind.

You can run two gtx 690's you would just need a tower that could support it but either way once you get beyond 3 way sli things tend to hurt performance in games rather then help. Plus his motherboard won't support SLi anyway well slot wise at least :)

DePlane

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I already purchased the GTX 690, should be coming in on the ninth. As for the case and power supply, I'm putting the whole thing into an NZXT Vulcan running with a SeaSonic X-850. Nit planning on buying a second GPU for another 4-5 years.

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Why are you strapping a gold brick to a pile of hot steamin s***

Anyways,

A dual gpu card will run at 16x, and basicly each GPU utilizes 8x on the one 16x lane.