Need help selecting a mobo for new rig.

jeemuel_29

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I'm building my first PC and I need help selecting a motherboard. I'm trying to save as much as possible and my first choice for my mobo was a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX Motherboard and my second choice is a Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M.
Now whats better? I'm planning on overclocking my processor.

Specs are

Processor: Intel i5-3570K

GPU: ASUS GTX670

PSU: Corsair HX750v2 ATX Power Supply Unit

Mobo: ?????

RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8G Kit(4Gx2) *is 8GB enough or do I need to make it 16GB?

CPU cooler: Thermaltake FRIO Universal CPU Cooler Fan

HDD: Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 1TB

Optical Drive: LiteOn Internal SATA Dual Layer DVD RW IHAS524

Case: Thermaltake VN900A1W2N Commander MS-II

also, is my PSU enough for all of those?

Thanks! :D

Your power supply is more then enough and 8 gb of ram is fine for gaming for your Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

Ever since Intel’s introduction of the Z77 chipset, motherboard giant Gigabyte has made huge leaps in in improvements on their motherboards all the way from the budget end to the extreme high end and the Z77X-D3H is a perfect example of what kind of top quality products can be achieved.

With support for PCIe 3.0, SATA 3 6Gb/s, 8 channel integrated audio, Gigabyte’s fully digital power delivery system, and ultra durable 4 features, it’s got a lot going for it.

That said, either one will do but personally i wouldn't buy Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M.

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
For your motherboard there are 2 you can go with for easy over clocking.

1. The asrock z77 extreme4 probably the best for the dollar board you can get in the lower price range. OR

2. The Asus P8z77 boards are all good choices for over clocking.

Also if you do not like either of those choices and you want to stick with your 2 original options go with the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H it's far better than the fatality board.

To answer your RAM question, you do not need more than 8gb of ram if you are gaming, if you plan on doing video editing or something of the sort then get 16gb.

TRENDING THREADS