Unhandled Exception Error While Playing Kohan II

I keep getting an "unhandled exception error" while playing the game Kohan
II. This is the only game or application that I have this problem with and
I've tried the official forums with no official response. A user did
suggest that perhaps the problem is with my nv4_disp.dll file. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling my video drivers with no luck.

I have a 2.66 Gig Pentium 4, with 1.5 G of RAM and a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 video
card. I'm running the very latest drivers 71.89. I have already tried
uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and the drivers and have tried
using several different driver versions (67.66 and 66.93). This problem has
become worse over time and now the game crashes almost every time I play.

I am running Windows XP SP2, and have all the critical updates. I've done a
spyware and virus scan and everything seems clean. I don't have crash
problems with other games.

Any suggestions? Is this a video card problem? How can I diagnose and fix
this?

Thanks, Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about unhandled exception error playing kohan

    Hi Daniel,

    The following applies to most games in general, and not just to the games that
    may be listed in the KB Article referred to in this post.

    SYMPTOMS:

    When you start or play any one of the games that is listed in the "Applies to" section, you may experience one or more of the
    following symptoms:

    ..The game stops responding.
    ..The game quits unexpectedly.
    ..The computer restarts unexpectedly.

    Additionally, you may receive the following error message after you receive the Gathering Exception Data dialog box:
    <Game Name>has encountered a problem and needs to close.

    RESOLUTION:

    Method 1: Restart your computer by using a clean boot procedure
    Method 2: Remove and Reinstall the Game
    Method 3: Adjust graphics hardware acceleration
    Method 4: Disable AGP Texturing in the DirectX Diagnostic tool
    Method 5: Temporarily disable the sound card in Windows
    Method 6: Lower sound acceleration
    Method 7 : Download and install the most recent version of DirectX
    Method 8: Update your video driver
    Method 9: Update your sound driver
    Method 10: Scan your computer for viruses
    Method 11: Remove spyware
    Method 12: Install the latest VIA chipset drivers
    Method 13: Create a new user account in Windows XP
    Method 14: Change the compatibility setting

    Detailed instructions and video clips are published at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;303032

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Daniel Ban" <dan_ban@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:OEOfezgcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    |I keep getting an "unhandled exception error" while playing the game Kohan
    | II. This is the only game or application that I have this problem with and
    | I've tried the official forums with no official response. A user did
    | suggest that perhaps the problem is with my nv4_disp.dll file. I tried
    | uninstalling and reinstalling my video drivers with no luck.
    |
    | I have a 2.66 Gig Pentium 4, with 1.5 G of RAM and a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 video
    | card. I'm running the very latest drivers 71.89. I have already tried
    | uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and the drivers and have tried
    | using several different driver versions (67.66 and 66.93). This problem has
    | become worse over time and now the game crashes almost every time I play.
    |
    | I am running Windows XP SP2, and have all the critical updates. I've done a
    | spyware and virus scan and everything seems clean. I don't have crash
    | problems with other games.
    |
    | Any suggestions? Is this a video card problem? How can I diagnose and fix
    | this?
    |
    | Thanks, Dan

Drivers Games Windows XP