No networks + no sound card + USB 3.0 + Missing cables.

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Just built a new PC, added Win 7 etc. After downloading the drivers + Windows updates, I plugged in my ethernet and it worked, except not a single network popped up, and it just connected me to this random one named " Network ". I can't find any other networks, even though I'm connected to my router, which is connected to my modem. I have a DLINK-865L. I have the LAN drivers from the site and the disk. Here is my PC. 560 Ti is a place holder for this:

http://www.amazon.ca/MSI-N560GTX-TWIN-FROZR-2GD5/dp/B005RAUOQ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361630684&sr=8-2

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.90 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($118.66 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($50.40 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($125.85 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.79 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Canada Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1185.55
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-23 09:47 EST-0500)

Next, when I got onto Skype, I plugged in my Turtle Beach X12s and I could hear my friends, but it said my sound card wasn't working, therefore my mic wasn't. I have the latest audio drivers from ASUS installed.

Also, I don't have USB 3.0 support on the front or the back of my case. I have no idea how to activate it, but in Newegg's video, he plugged in the internal cables into the back. I don't understand how that works, as you can't close the side of your case if you do that.

Finally, I have a white cable setup ( forgot what it's called ) to my SATA 3 MoBo port and my 2 drives ( HDD + SSD ), but I need another one in order to be able to have HDD + SSD + Optical Drive. How do I resolve this?

Bumping posts (against the rules) and being sarcastic to people who volunteer to help others certainly won't encourage help...

LAN networks are not named. It will just say network... As that's what it's plugged into. Not like there are.multiple choices for where the cable goes...

I assume you turtle beach is USB. Did you install it's drivers?

No idea what your talking about with USB 3, or what video since you didn't link it. But it would work if you installed the drivers.

Finally if your board.came with 2SATA cables and you need 3 buy another one

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
wat

There would be names for a network and other networks around your area. You can't just scan for a network and see 50 " Networks " pop up. What I'm saying is that I can't get a connection to my router for other wireless devices to work.

you said you plugged in your ETHERNET. NOT wifi. There is no reason, or way, to "scan" for an ethernet network. other wireless devices have nothing to do with your pc