Solved

Should i connect my monitor into my motherboard or gpu?

If i plugged my monitor into the motherboard would it make a massive difference? my specs are; graphics card :gtx 660 ti sc motherboard :asus p8z77-v Processor: i5 3750

thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should connect monitor motherboard
  1. if you have a gtx 660 ti, connect your monitor to it.
  2. Yes, it makes a difference. You need to plug it into your GPU.

Why do you want to plug it into the motherboard instead?
  3. Laheeeeewl
  4. Best answer
    r_Jay said:
    If i plugged my monitor into the motherboard would it make a massive difference? my specs are; graphics card :gtx 660 ti sc motherboard :asus p8z77-v Processor: i5 3750

thanks

It depends on what you are doing.

For normal desktop work, web browsing, HD movie playback, there will be little difference.

But... presumably, you bought a GTX660ti, a fine graphics card, for gaming. If you are gaming, attaching your gaming monitor to the discrete card will make all the difference in the world.
  5. Best answer selected by r_Jay.
  6. geofelt said:
    It depends on what you are doing.

For normal desktop work, web browsing, HD movie playback, there will be little difference.

But... presumably, you bought a GTX660ti, a fine graphics card, for gaming. If you are gaming, attaching your gaming monitor to the discrete card will make all the difference in the world.

Okay thanks a lot
  7. I think some modern motherboards come with display port (or mini) and/or HDMI and/or DVI connectors in order to use on board (integrated, built-in) graphics cards. But if you own a dedicated GPU you should connect your monitor into a GPU connector, specially for gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connection Monitors Motherboards Graphics