An upgrade from a Radeon 5670

yomamaisonfier

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
I am looking to upgrade my Video Card, as it seems it has pooped out on me and freezes when I play a game that uses my video card (I have been working for about a month now to try and find if there is a different problem/another problem, but the only thing that it seems to run down to is the video card)

I currently have an AMD Radeon HD 5670 and was looking for an upgrade with a budget of $250 and the 7770 caught my eye. But something I noticed (and has been bugging me for the last hour or two) is that it has the same amount of GDDR5, 1GB. I was wondering if there is actually a significant difference in the two types (5670 vs. 7770), and if anyone else has a different suggestion that is within my budget.

yomamaisonfier

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
The model of the computer is and Alienware Aurora R-2 I cannot see any other side of the power supply without taking off the other side panel which I am about to do here in a few minutes, hopefully with more information.

yomamaisonfier

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
Okay, after a stupid feeling thrown through my body after taking the side panel off and seeing that I cannot reach the other side of the power supply without taking the metal casing holding the motherboard off, I felt like checking to see if I can just take it out through the back panel, turns out, I can! So, I did that, and got this picture: http://i.imgur.com/SDGAa.jpg

TRENDING THREADS