Is my 670 performing as it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhankhan

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hi guys, I'm worried about my new 670 as I have been getting bad average FPS in guild wars 2 (approx 35 fps). My old GTX460 performed better than this. Does this benchmark score look normal?

25s3n2w.png

My specs:
i7 2600k @ 4GHz CPU
16GB G.Skill RAM
850W Silverstone PSU
MSI GTX670 Power Edition GPU

Solution
Looks like their CPU is clocked higher than yours, 4Ghz I think.
Though unless the CPU is a massive bottleneck that wouldn't explain the large gap in performance.

Otherwise that does seem strange. Maybe it could be a software issue and you have applications running in the background, or maybe their copy of Ungine is on an SSD.
I see whats killing your performance.
You AA is set to 8x and Anisotropy filter is at 16x. Those are the settings that will kill the performance on any card and actually have little visual benefit. Lower the AA to 4 or 2x and the Anisotropy filter to 8x. Should see much better performance.

farhankhan

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Thanks a lot for the replies. The reason I am confused is because other people with similar hardware to mine are getting much better benchmark scores and fps. Here is a screenshot with someone using the same card as mine with identical settings:

33yhl06.png

qs32pl.jpg

He has AA to 8x and anisotropy to 16x. Have I got a bad card or is there something else I am missing? Thanks guys.

Looks like their CPU is clocked higher than yours, 4Ghz I think.
Though unless the CPU is a massive bottleneck that wouldn't explain the large gap in performance.

Otherwise that does seem strange. Maybe it could be a software issue and you have applications running in the background, or maybe their copy of Ungine is on an SSD.

Solution

farhankhan

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
My CPU is also clocked to 4GHz and is the exact same CPU. I had no apps running in the background but my Uningine is not on an SSD. Is there anything else I could do to work out whether the card is faulty?

Lemon Brown

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Just wanted to add to this and let you know that there really isn't any visible difference between 4x or any higher AF. I tested it in GTA IV and Half Life 2 and there was no difference either time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS