Graphics card is braking??

adrian17

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
when i play a game now like guild wars 2 my monitor turns off and back on and my fps drops bad and have to log off and log back on which the same thing will happen after awhile. im thinking my graphics card is the problem but im not sure why. i built the computer back in November and havent had a problem until now but i also had a ticking sound start accuring 2 weeks ago which im thinking now might of been the graphics card and now its finally just getting worse and shutting my monitor off and back on and dropping fps. Now im just trying to figure out if theres a way to fix this which im already thinking there isnt and if i should get it replaced?
Its a 660 superclocked

with the video card run msi afterburner make sure the fan on the gpu speeds up. then set a fan profile so that in games the fan speed maxes out. the noise your hearing i would see if it your power supply. (what the model and wattage of it).

adrian17

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
how do i run hardware monitor? and now i keep playing guild wars 2 to keep seeing if anything changes and it keeps happening every couple of minutes and i have noticed the fan on the graphics card going from loud and running and then as soon as the monitor turns off and on i heard the fan drop and slowed down and fps of course was very bad and first time i got a error message from the game saying graphics driver issue.

adrian17

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
also i tried disabling the graphics card and playing games with my i5 3570k and runs without the problem but not as good graphics of coarse but so would that just mean it is the graphics card that is causing all this??