New build turns on but nothing comes up on my monitor?

foxnamedfox

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I did a search and didn't find anyone with quite the same problem as I have so I'll ask it here in hopes that someone may know how to fix my problem. Here goes, I built my computer over the past few days(first build) and finally got everything installed and plugged in, hooked up the monitor and keyboard and mouse. When I hit the power button everything came on as expected, all 4 fans were spinning, the cpu fan was good, the video card's fan was spinning, the 4 LED's on my mobo were on indicating that it was a good boot but there was nothing on my monitor, it just sits there black screen with the little blue button blinking in the corner. The monitor is good, I tested it on another computer and it's fine and when you unplug it from the video card it flashed to analog mode and then back to a black screen. I retested all of my connections and everything is plugged in where it should be and all that good jazz and It still doesn't have any picture on the screen :/ do any of you guys out there have any experience with a problem like this or a possible solution? thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on the situation

foxnamedfox

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
ok, my build is a msi 970 amd +3 mobo, with a 965 black edition cpu, gtx 650ti video card, seasonic 620 watt modular psu, 120GB SSD, 2 extra case fans and an asus dvd player. The nature of the blinking blue button is that it seems like it is in standby mode or something, when the monitor is on and plugged into a different computer the light is just on, when looking for a signal it blinks but then it just goes black and continues to blink. hope that helps some, thanks

foxnamedfox

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
ok, my build is a msi 970 amd +3 mobo, with a 965 black edition cpu, gtx 650ti video card, seasonic 620 watt modular psu, 120GB SSD, 2 extra case fans and an asus dvd player. The nature of the blinking blue button is that it seems like it is in standby mode or something, when the monitor is on and plugged into a different computer the light is just on, when looking for a signal it blinks but then it just goes black and continues to blink. hope that helps some, thanks

foxnamedfox

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

I did have it plugged into my video card, i dont have a cable that fits into my motherboard slot, i only have an hdmi cable with a mini hdmi adapter