Radeon 7970 Display Help

baoluvboa

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Hey guys, I have been a long time lurker and Tom's hardware has helped me a lot in both troubleshooting and choosing what to buy. I have been trying to get XFX customer support to help but none of my tickets have been answered for the last five days.

My question is:
I have the XFX 7970 Double Dissipation version with two DVI ports. However, only one of them (top one) is working and the other one (bottom) will not accept my second monitor (it is vga with a DVI adapter). If I use the second monitor on the top one, it will work just fine. Is there a solution to this or do I have to buy a vga to display port or a vga to HDMI to use multiple monitors?

One of my monitor is a viewsonic 27 inch with a DVI cord, the other one is an old acer with a vga cord.

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Sounds like a faulty DVI port to be honest, maybe try updating your drivers? I'm not sure what the issue is there. An HDMI or Display port to VGA adapter would be fine and would output in the same resolution and quality, so it's not a big deal and unless you;ll be adding more monitors in the future, not worth worrying about.

TRENDING THREADS