Low Level Engine.dll error

I have just installed empire earth gold onto my computer.
Empire Earth runs ok, but when i try to run the expansion(the art of
conquest) all i get is Low Level Engine.dll.error.

P.s all drivers and direct x are updated

Hi Cliff,

"cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8982238-49B7-4A5C-9049-226FC6F2A32C@microsoft.com...
|I have just installed empire earth gold onto my computer.
| Empire Earth runs ok, but when i try to run the expansion(the art of
| conquest) all i get is Low Level Engine.dll.error.
|
| P.s all drivers and direct x are updated

the infamous LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL error.

Solution: In order to get another game to work I had to set Hardware Accelleration down to None. EE requires either "Most
accelerator functions" or "Full accelerator functions", the Invalid Page Fault error occurs when this setting is at None or "Basic".
After kicking this up and rebooting system, EE works. Resetting it back down, rebooting, and trying EE shows the error again.

Specifics, right click on desktop, go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced button. You'll find Hardware accelleration settings
under the Performance tab there.

Source: http://members.lycos.nl/rtsholland/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12522

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestion and still no joy.
By the way Empire Earth works ok, it's the expansion pack The Art Of
Conquest that has the problems.

I cannot understand how a game with such small requirements will not work on
my system, as my specifications are miles superior to what is needed.

Any more suggestions will be happily recieved !

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Cliff,
>
> "cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8982238-49B7-4A5C-9049-226FC6F2A32C@microsoft.com...
> |I have just installed empire earth gold onto my computer.
> | Empire Earth runs ok, but when i try to run the expansion(the art of
> | conquest) all i get is Low Level Engine.dll.error.
> |
> | P.s all drivers and direct x are updated
>
> the infamous LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL error.
>
> Solution: In order to get another game to work I had to set Hardware Accelleration down to None. EE requires either "Most
> accelerator functions" or "Full accelerator functions", the Invalid Page Fault error occurs when this setting is at None or "Basic".
> After kicking this up and rebooting system, EE works. Resetting it back down, rebooting, and trying EE shows the error again.
>
> Specifics, right click on desktop, go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced button. You'll find Hardware accelleration settings
> under the Performance tab there.
>
> Source: http://members.lycos.nl/rtsholland/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12522
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms

Hi Cliff,

I would uninstall the expansion, reboot test the original game
to make sure it's working okay, install any new game updates,
and then install the expansion once more. Hope that works.

--

"cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DAA8AC9-20F6-4A59-946B-42D22226638E@microsoft.com...
| Hi Jimmy,
|
| Thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestion and still no joy.
| By the way Empire Earth works ok, it's the expansion pack The Art Of
| Conquest that has the problems.
|
| I cannot understand how a game with such small requirements will not work on
| my system, as my specifications are miles superior to what is needed.
|
| Any more suggestions will be happily recieved !
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Cliff,
| >
| > "cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8982238-49B7-4A5C-9049-226FC6F2A32C@microsoft.com...
| > |I have just installed empire earth gold onto my computer.
| > | Empire Earth runs ok, but when i try to run the expansion(the art of
| > | conquest) all i get is Low Level Engine.dll.error.
| > |
| > | P.s all drivers and direct x are updated
| >
| > the infamous LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL error.
| >
| > Solution: In order to get another game to work I had to set Hardware Accelleration down to None. EE requires either "Most
| > accelerator functions" or "Full accelerator functions", the Invalid Page Fault error occurs when this setting is at None or
"Basic".
| > After kicking this up and rebooting system, EE works. Resetting it back down, rebooting, and trying EE shows the error again.
| >
| > Specifics, right click on desktop, go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced button. You'll find Hardware accelleration
settings
| > under the Performance tab there.
| >
| > Source: http://members.lycos.nl/rtsholland/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12522
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

Hi Jimmy,

That was Quick.

I have tried uninstalling expansion pack and reinstalling, I have even gone
deep in the computer( Programs, Run, Regedit )and deleted any trace of the
software.

I have started the computer in selective startup.

I have downloaded all patches for the games.

I have defraged, virus scanned and done disk cleanup and still no joy.

Dont suppose you have any more idear's mate, cause i am stumped ?

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Cliff,
>
> I would uninstall the expansion, reboot test the original game
> to make sure it's working okay, install any new game updates,
> and then install the expansion once more. Hope that works.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DAA8AC9-20F6-4A59-946B-42D22226638E@microsoft.com...
> | Hi Jimmy,
> |
> | Thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestion and still no joy.
> | By the way Empire Earth works ok, it's the expansion pack The Art Of
> | Conquest that has the problems.
> |
> | I cannot understand how a game with such small requirements will not work on
> | my system, as my specifications are miles superior to what is needed.
> |
> | Any more suggestions will be happily recieved !
> |
> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Cliff,

> | > |

> | > the infamous LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL error.
> | >
> | > Solution: In order to get another game to work I had to set Hardware Accelleration down to None. EE requires either "Most
> | > accelerator functions" or "Full accelerator functions", the Invalid Page Fault error occurs when this setting is at None or
> "Basic".
> | > After kicking this up and rebooting system, EE works. Resetting it back down, rebooting, and trying EE shows the error again.
> | >
> | > Specifics, right click on desktop, go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced button. You'll find Hardware accelleration
> settings
> | > under the Performance tab there.
> | >
> | > Source: http://members.lycos.nl/rtsholland/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12522
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________

Hi Cliff,

I've been freestyling these replies instead of using the standard
tried and true templates that I use, since you stated that the drivers
were all fine, however .. maybe the still need updating/replacement?

Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

--

"cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C00D29F-1739-4A2A-B1A1-17A56344A5E2@microsoft.com...
| Hi Jimmy,
|
| That was Quick.
|
| I have tried uninstalling expansion pack and reinstalling, I have even gone
| deep in the computer( Programs, Run, Regedit )and deleted any trace of the
| software.
|
| I have started the computer in selective startup.
|
| I have downloaded all patches for the games.
|
| I have defraged, virus scanned and done disk cleanup and still no joy.
|
| Dont suppose you have any more idear's mate, cause i am stumped ?
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Cliff,
| >
| > I would uninstall the expansion, reboot test the original game
| > to make sure it's working okay, install any new game updates,
| > and then install the expansion once more. Hope that works.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "cliff" <cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DAA8AC9-20F6-4A59-946B-42D22226638E@microsoft.com...
| > | Hi Jimmy,
| > |
| > | Thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestion and still no joy.
| > | By the way Empire Earth works ok, it's the expansion pack The Art Of
| > | Conquest that has the problems.
| > |
| > | I cannot understand how a game with such small requirements will not work on
| > | my system, as my specifications are miles superior to what is needed.
| > |
| > | Any more suggestions will be happily recieved !
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |