Status
Not open for further replies.

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hey guys,

I am running a GTX 550 TI in my first computer build. Idle it is around 50 C and when in League of Legends can get to 69 C. Is that safe? Also, I just learned of MSI Afterburner. Is it safe to pump up fan speed to 100%. Do I need to even worry about my fan speed or are my temps safe?

Also, ill throw in my CPU just to be sure. i5 3570k- 25ish C at idle 39ish while in game.

I apologize if this is elsewhere asked. I just want to be sure my temps are okay.

Solution
Nup, those temps are fairly normal, nothing to be worried about.
If you want to mess around with your fan profile, use MSI Afterburner. It allows you to set up fan curves, so that the speed ramps up with temperature. That way you can keep load temps under control without forcing the fan to run hard when at idle.

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
My GPU was just cleaned out, so I don't think dust has anything to do with it's somewhat high temps.

@manofchalk I just installed a coolermaster hyper 212 evo. One one fan with push configuration. The thermal paste was just applied about a week ago so that might have something to do with why it's so cool: new paste, new cooler.

So from what I am reading I should not worry about pumping up my GPU fan speed?

Nup, those temps are fairly normal, nothing to be worried about.
If you want to mess around with your fan profile, use MSI Afterburner. It allows you to set up fan curves, so that the speed ramps up with temperature. That way you can keep load temps under control without forcing the fan to run hard when at idle.

Solution
Yep, how loud will depend on the card itself. My graphics card fan is inaudible until it hits ~50% speed, then its fairly noticeable. But due to the fan curve I have setup it will only reach that speed at about 55C, which will only happen while I'm gaming and not paying attention anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.