Will 12X and 11X drivers work with XP?

I have a Radeon 7850 video card that I got for my other, back up computer. I have XP on this computer and what I wanted to know is does any of the 12.X drivers support XP? Why I ask is because I tried a number of different 12.X and 11.X drivers and none of them work. I will install the CCC suite and re-boot and when I do that the motherboard splash screen and XP screen will come up then when it goes to boot into the actual OS nothing happens just a black screen. I's stuck I don't know what else to try.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would ask in what way did it not work? If it didn't install correctly, there is probably some other issue with your system that is preventing a successful installation. You should boot into safe mode and install the (previously downloaded) drivers and reboot once more. There should not be any issues with installing these drivers onto a system running Windows XP.

-Wolf sends

Well I finally got it to work unfortunately the only way I could get it to work was to wipe out the HDD and do a clean install. People can say what they want about how great AMD drivers are but I have had nothing but problems with drivers everytime I use an AMD videocard. I don't know why I keep going back to AMD I should know I'm asking for trouble.