Sign in with
Your question

Problem with me PCI Express Slot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2013 4:09:39 AM

Im trying to install a Video card into my computer Tho once installed and switched and making it the default Video Output on Bios, My computer will boot and freeze on the Bios Flash screen Where it gives me the option to go to the Boot Menus, System recovery ect.

Now its not the card I tested it on another PC.

Geforce 210 1g DDR3

Motherboard: ecs rc410-m (HP Pavilion a1340)

Will a system recovery solve this problem or it is something wrong, maybe my PCIe slot isnt giving enough power? if so Can i increase it?!
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 4:24:48 AM

Bluenerer said:
Im trying to install a Video card into my computer Tho once installed and switched and making it the default Video Output on Bios, My computer will boot and freeze on the Bios Flash screen Where it gives me the option to go to the Boot Menus, System recovery ect.

Now its not the card I tested it on another PC.

Geforce 210 1g DDR3

Motherboard: ecs rc410-m (HP Pavilion a1340)

Will a system recovery solve this problem or it is something wrong, maybe my PCIe slot isnt giving enough power? if so Can i increase it?!

You have a pcie x16 slot...

Sounds like a power supply issue.

Can you open the case and look at the sticker on the power supply and tell us what wattage it is rated for?
m
l
January 6, 2013 4:35:12 AM

Well It came with a 300 watt Power Supply then I switched it with a 550 watt Is there anything else i should be looking for? on the PSU? that you need to know
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2013 4:35:33 AM

maxalge said:
You have a pcie x16 slot...

Sounds like a power supply issue.

Can you open the case and look at the sticker on the power supply and tell us what wattage it is rated for?

replied
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 5:03:04 AM

Bluenerer said:
replied

Did you uninstall the drivers for the on board graphics/old graphics first?

So you disabled on board gpu, set the boot device to PEG?

Did you install the power supply cable onto the new graphics card if it has a plug, if it has more than 1 plug em both?

Does that motherboard have extra power supply plugs for pcie power?

You might need to reset the bios, see your motherboard booklet on how to so it.
m
l
!