Catastrophic failure--Battlefield1942

Status
Not open for further replies.

i cant uninstall the portion of the game that got installed be fore it
errored and wondows wont let me install it...keeps sayiying "installation
support file could not be installed, catastrophic failure". how do i get it
to where i can playh the game.

TY

Hi Chris,

Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:

Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.

Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com