Upgrading from a Radeon HD 6450, $200 Budget, For Gaming

CrackedMarbles

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Not until way later this year (I don't earn a lot of money)
BUDGET RANGE: USD $150-200) Before Rebate

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming in games like Arma II, All Points Bulletin, Dark Souls, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and such. I also tend to record when I play, so that may need to be considered.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: AMD Radeon HD 6450 and Internal 300W (100V-240V)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: You can find all the specs of my computer by clicking here.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com and Amazon.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: I'm not sure what this means, if it means the parts- I don't care, if it means where they'll be shipped to- United States.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I'd like to stick with cards from AMD as they're what I've used most of my life.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Must have an HDMI port, not a mini one. I also do not know if I need a new power supply or not, but I really hope I don't as that's just more money that I don't have. I use Windows 7 64-bit, if that's important, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking about getting >this,< but I don't know if it's compatible with my computer.

Thanks for reading, and I hope we can solve this quickly!

mohit9206

Distinguished
ok i found this to be the cheapest and best 7850 with 2gb of video ram which will definately come in handy in the near future
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150641
however your power supply is a concern. its only 300 watts so it cannot run the 7850. for a new power supply i would recommend this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
this will make you go over your budget but its necessary to include a new power supply and its a good quality one
and yes the graphics card has a full size hdmi just as you wanted ...

bgrt

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Your PSU can handle a Radeon 7750 at the most which is very much within your budget. If you spend $50 or so on a decent PSU, you can go for a 7770 and still be within your budget.

ashharun

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

+1 for 7770. Affordable and can give decent fps in medium setting for 1080p.

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
HD 7850 would be a great bet. i little less budget then go for HD 7770. But at full HD resolution 7850 really has an incredible edge over 7770. latter would just srtruggle to keep up in that high resolution.--For games

But you might upgrade your PSU for any of them.

If hanging on 300W PSU then 7750 is only option.

CrackedMarbles

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks, everyone, for all the replies! I'm currently leaning towards the 7850, though I'm unsure if it has the same dimensions as my Radeon HD 6450 as I cannot find the dimensions for my card. The power supply mohit9206 listed looks nice. I just checked my power supply's dimensions in comparison to the one linked, and it's an exact match! I think I'll be going with this choice unless someone can convince me othewise.

Thanks again for all the help, everyone!