Dell gx620 wont boot from cd/dvd

Ineed to re-image my GX620 but can't get it to boot from cd/dvd after pressing F12 and then picking Onboard or USB CD-Rom drive the message comes back with Selected boot device not available
3 answers Last reply
More about dell gx620 wont boot
  1. rclaunch said:
    Ineed to re-image my GX620 but can't get it to boot from cd/dvd after pressing F12 and then picking Onboard or USB CD-Rom drive the message comes back with Selected boot device not available

hit f2/del key go into the bios under boot devices and make the cd-rom there the first boot device. also make sure your cd-rom disk is bootable.
  2. Thanks its the first devise and an yes the my cd is bootable
  3. take a look at the cd you have. there a few cd with the restore set from dell/hp. make sure you dont have the driver or program disk..those are not bootable..there one that should say os restore unless the vendor put a restore partion on your pc laptop.
    if there is one then hitting a f key at power up will lanch it. if the cd-rom having an issue with the disk..if it an iso image you can try and burn a usb stick from the iso. microsoft and other make isp to usb programs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt DVD Boot CD-Rom Systems