Uninstallation Error

Hey,

I installed the Battlefield 2 demo about a week ago. When I tried to
play it, it didn’t work. The read-me said I didn’t have the correct
hardware configuration, so I decided that I didn’t want it anymore.
When I went to uninstall it, a popup says: >"

>>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (469)
>pAPP:Battlefield 2(TM) Demo
>PVENDOR:DICE
>PGUID:88ECF123-B0EF-4E51-B7F3-923EFE15CC4A
>.50.0.125
>@Windows XP (2600) BT_OTHER 376.21
>
>"

Then, when I press "OK", another popup comes up and says: > "

>InstallShield Wizard (Title of the box)
>
>Setup has experienced an error.
>
>Please do the following:
> - Close any running programs
> - Empty your temporary folder
> - Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)
>
>Then try to run the Setup again.

>Error Code -5001

I tried emptying my temporary folder, well, at least one of them.
Where are/is the temporary folder located?

Please help me, as this game is taking up my hard drive space.

-Thanks!

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Uninstallation-Error-ftopict547635.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1731426
4 answers Last reply
More about uninstallation error

    Hi Racing Fan,

    To answer your first question, the systems Temporary folder is:
    Start > Run > type: %temp%

    Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:

    Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.

    Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
    and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
    that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.

    Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
    game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

    "rcracingfan24" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    | Hey,
    |
    | I installed the Battlefield 2 demo about a week ago. When I tried to
    | play it, it didn’t work. The read-me said I didn’t have the correct
    | hardware configuration, so I decided that I didn’t want it anymore.
    | When I went to uninstall it, a popup says: >"
    | >
    | >>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (469)
    | >pAPP:Battlefield 2(TM) Demo
    | >PVENDOR:DICE
    | >PGUID:88ECF123-B0EF-4E51-B7F3-923EFE15CC4A
    | >.50.0.125
    | >@Windows XP (2600) BT_OTHER 376.21
    | >
    | >"
    |
    | Then, when I press "OK", another popup comes up and says: > "
    | >
    | >InstallShield Wizard (Title of the box)
    | >
    | >Setup has experienced an error.
    | >
    | >Please do the following:
    | > - Close any running programs
    | > - Empty your temporary folder
    | > - Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)
    | >
    | >Then try to run the Setup again.
    | >
    | >------------------------------------------------------------
    | >Error Code -5001
    | >

    | I tried emptying my temporary folder, well, at least one of them.
    | Where are/is the temporary folder located?
    |
    | Please help me, as this game is taking up my hard drive space.
    |
    | -Thanks!
    |
    | --
    | Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
    | Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    | Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Uninstallation-Error-ftopict547635.html
    | Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1731426

    Jimmy is 99% right. One caution: After re-installing the game as he said, it
    might be better to reboot again. Come up in Safe Mode this time too, and
    uninstall. If it uninstalls, look anyway for the game folder(s) and delete
    if found.

    "" wrote:
    > Jimmy is 99% right. One caution: After re-installing the game
    > as he said, it
    > might be better to reboot again. Come up in Safe Mode this
    > time too, and
    > uninstall. If it uninstalls, look anyway for the game
    > folder(s) and delete
    > if found.

    I have alsmost the same problem but then with installing the game(not
    the demo) i have got a screenshot
    http://img237.echo.cx/img237/2898/tijdenshetladenvandesetup7eu.jpg

    i have bought it i hope you guys can help me

    i tried
    I have deleted my temporary files and closed all the programs but it
    didnt work :(

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Uninstallation-Error-ftopict547635.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747123
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi Discover,

    I have discovered a great forum post with solutions to those errors:
    http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=115305&page=1

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Discvoer" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1747123_63cf2c44a673555989f4c135e5a4d684@windowsforumz.com...
    | "" wrote:
    | > Jimmy is 99% right. One caution: After re-installing the game
    | > as he said, it
    | > might be better to reboot again. Come up in Safe Mode this
    | > time too, and
    | > uninstall. If it uninstalls, look anyway for the game
    | > folder(s) and delete
    | > if found.
    |
    | I have alsmost the same problem but then with installing the game(not
    | the demo) i have got a screenshot
    | http://img237.echo.cx/img237/2898/tijdenshetladenvandesetup7eu.jpg
    |
    | i have bought it i hope you guys can help me
    |
    | i tried
    | I have deleted my temporary files and closed all the programs but it
    | didnt work :(
    |
    | --
    | Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
    | Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    | Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Uninstallation-Error-ftopict547635.html
    | Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747123

Windows XP