I know this has probably been asked a million times, but...

etxzombie

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I just ran 3dMark 11 and 3dMark Vantage and got what I believe to be extremely low scores, based on my system build. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I'm just wondering if my crappy gpu is causing my system to bottleneck. ( I recently traded my boss my 2x gtx 560 ti's for his Radeon 6850 and a couple hundred bucks. )

Here is my system scores:

Graphics Score: 3452

Physics Score: 7937

Combined Score: 3569

My 3dMark Score is P3785.

And here, for your enjoyment, are my crappy build specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i5-2500k OC'ed at 4.4Ghz

16 Gb ddr3 @ 1600

Radeon 6850 (bullcrap card, I know I had to make a couple bucks)

Maybe my system isn't the greatest in the world, but it's at least decent enough to run Crysis and Battlefield 3. Why does 3dMark hate me so much?

EzioAs

Distinguished
It's just 3D mark, it doesn't translate to actual gaming performance much. 6850 isn't a bad card, it's just not as powerful as a 560ti or 2 560ti. You can run both Crysis and BF3 but you'll definitely have to lower the settings to medium or something similar. Why did you even trade them in the first place? You do know that you're downgrading right?

mohit9206

Distinguished
those scores are perfectly normal . 6850 is a fairly weak card. much weaker than 2x 560 ti's in sli.
did you pay the boss 200 bucks or did he pay you. technically he should pay you coz he gave you a crappy card in return for 2x 560ti's.
and the 6850 cannot handle BF3 and crysis at max settings at 1080p.
you need a much better card. why the hell did you trade your much much superior cards ?
you will need to get another 6850 and crossfire them to achieve the same performance as your previous cards

etxzombie

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
He paid me. I needed some extra cash and he was drooling over my cards. I know it was a major downgrade, but like I said, I needed the cash. I'm gonna do a complete overhaul in a month or so with school money. I'm drooling over that Powercolor Devil 13, even though it's probably only a pipe dream. lol. Everybody has to have dreams.

etxzombie

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
we did some benchmarking at the computer shop I work at, With just one of my 560 ti's, i was pulling at least 20-30 percent higher fps than his 6850 in my rig. The difference was bigger than that with his rig, because he has a crappy cpu. Now he's got awesome gpu power, and crapy cpu. And I have awesome CPU power, and crappy video. (by awesome I mean that I have had my i5 clocked up to 5Ghz, but I generally keep it around 4.6ish with air cooling, which is still pretty awesome in my book. )