Sign in with
Your question

Problems setting my 3D monitor to 120hz

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2013 7:26:32 AM

Ok so i just bought a second hand Samsung Syncmaster 2233 3D monitor, and i'm now trying to set it to display at 120hz, but whenever i do this the monitor blacks out and comes up with "check signal cable" ive tried using multiple Dual DVI cables to no success.
I am currently using an Asus Nvidia Gtx 560 graphics card on this system, with current up to date drivers *310.90* can anyone help with this problem?
If it helps i also cannot run the monitor on its own, it requires a second monitor to be plugged in otherwise i get the same warning on screen.
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2013 9:08:34 AM

Most cards have a single and dual link DVI port. You MUST be connected to the dual link one to use 120Hz. The single link port cannot support that signal.

The monitor may also just be broke
m
l
January 6, 2013 9:22:10 AM

unksol said:
Most cards have a single and dual link DVI port. You MUST be connected to the dual link one to use 120Hz. The single link port cannot support that signal.

The monitor may also just be broke

I have tried both ports, and it is a friends monitor, i regularly used it when i set my machine up there and ran 120 fine, and my settup has not changed since then, im now able to boot with 1 monitor thanks to a driver update but everything else ive tried doesnt seem to work, and after some tweaking i found the max it will give me is 77hz
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 11:54:46 AM

dragoseraker said:
I have tried both ports, and it is a friends monitor, i regularly used it when i set my machine up there and ran 120 fine, and my settup has not changed since then, im now able to boot with 1 monitor thanks to a driver update but everything else ive tried doesnt seem to work, and after some tweaking i found the max it will give me is 77hz

I just had exactly the same problem; turns out it was the cable that was the problem. I replaced the cable with a better quality one and it totally resolved the issue.
m
l
January 30, 2013 2:42:25 AM

batton said:
I just had exactly the same problem; turns out it was the cable that was the problem. I replaced the cable with a better quality one and it totally resolved the issue.

i solved it the exact same way, i found the origional dvi cable that came with the pc, and it seems to only like working on this one.
m
l
!