Problems setting my 3D monitor to 120hz

dragoseraker

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Ok so i just bought a second hand Samsung Syncmaster 2233 3D monitor, and i'm now trying to set it to display at 120hz, but whenever i do this the monitor blacks out and comes up with "check signal cable" ive tried using multiple Dual DVI cables to no success.
I am currently using an Asus Nvidia Gtx 560 graphics card on this system, with current up to date drivers *310.90* can anyone help with this problem?
If it helps i also cannot run the monitor on its own, it requires a second monitor to be plugged in otherwise i get the same warning on screen.

dragoseraker

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

I have tried both ports, and it is a friends monitor, i regularly used it when i set my machine up there and ran 120 fine, and my settup has not changed since then, im now able to boot with 1 monitor thanks to a driver update but everything else ive tried doesnt seem to work, and after some tweaking i found the max it will give me is 77hz

batton

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

I just had exactly the same problem; turns out it was the cable that was the problem. I replaced the cable with a better quality one and it totally resolved the issue.

dragoseraker

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

i solved it the exact same way, i found the origional dvi cable that came with the pc, and it seems to only like working on this one.