Thank you Djangoringo. I had been going back and forth about going up to the i5 or wait a bit and see if the i7 comes down in price in about a year or so (which is still the plan, just a smaller jump now).
RealChaos, I'm looking at overclocking as a future feature rather then something I need right now. Hence, the cheaper locked CPU with a overclocking motherboard.
Rmiiirusty, thanks for seconding Djangoringo. Gives me the warm and fuzzies to have a second opinion.
I ordered the parts tonight and hope to be up and running in a couple of weeks.