Strange graphical glitches / lines

majini

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Hello,
Recently I have been seeing strange behavior on my computer.

First of all, videos on YouTube play stutter and lag on Google Chrome but not on Firefox. Actually the whole Chrome browser runs laggy as of now.
I suspect it is because Chrome is using GPU while Firefox does not.

On several games strange lines appear and distort the whole screen (see picture).
iw5mp_2013_01_06_11_44_48_60.png

It happens when playing CoD: Modern Warfare 3 but not when playing CoD: Black Ops 2 and other games.

It's worth mentioning that other games run smooth and my GPU has never overheated (always below 60 Celsius degrees).

It started happening randomly on one day and has been bothering me for a week now.
Other than that, my PC runs fine without any hiccups. Heck, I can even play Crysis 2 on Max settings.

I already have tried installing the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers without any success.

My system:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
MB: AsRock z77 Pro3
RAM: Kingston 8GB
PSU: 750W
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1TB

UPDATE1
When I take a screenshot using Prt Scr the picture comes out fine without any lines!
But then I take a screenshot using other software, the picture comes out with all the graphical glitches!

The same issue occurs when opening an application on my Virtual machine!
Capture.jpg

UPDATE2
Google Chrome stops lagging when disabling GPU Process (Chrome -> Options -> Stop GPU Process).
Still, that does not fixx the problem I get when loading Google Chrome in VMWare as the lines come up instantly.

EzioAs

Distinguished
I've had similar issues on chrome before with my GTX460 and 29x.xx driver (I don't quite remember the full version). The lag and stutter didn't get fix after the next driver release which made me switch to firefox (which turns out to get better and better after each update).

Maybe there's a patch for MW3 fixing the graphics issue? I don't own MW3 so I'm just guessing

majini

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010

Thank you for the response.
I doubt there are any patches because my brother has been playing the game since summer and never encountered any issues until now. Hmm.. I will check if the issue occurs when playing other games I have installed on my PC.

majini

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
UPDATE!
When I take a screenshot using Prt Scr the picture comes out fine without any lines!
But then I take a screenshot using other software, the picture comes out with all the graphical glitches!

The same issue occurs when using Chrome on my Virtual machine!
Capture.jpg

majini

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Apparently, I resolved the issue by downloading Windows updates. Yes, there was an optional update by Intel that installed new graphics drivers.