Sign in with
Your question

Win 8 & XP

Last response: in Windows 8
February 5, 2013 8:13:32 PM

Greetings.

Is it possible to set up my computer with one HD using Win 8 and the other XP?

How would I do this? (explained for dummies please)

Thanks

B

More about : win

February 5, 2013 8:16:21 PM

mavityre said:
Greetings.

Is it possible to set up my computer with one HD using Win 8 and the other XP?

How would I do this? (explained for dummies please)

Thanks

B

OK I din't look far enough and found the answer to my question.

m
l
February 5, 2013 8:21:32 PM

I believe it is possible. I've heard people on here say that you typically install the older os first. What do you need xp for anyways?
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2013 10:11:40 PM

dgriffs said:
I believe it is possible. I've heard people on here say that you typically install the older os first. What do you need xp for anyways?

I am responsible for a charitable webpage and they (me, they're software) used Frontpage. Now that I have Win 8 from XP, it's not supported. I have no version of Win 7 or Vista to go back on. So I was hoping there was some way to get it to run in XP on my second drive, even though that drive now had Win 8 on it. Figured I would take off what I want from the old drive and put it on an external drive, reload XP on the second drive after disconnecting the Win 8 drive and try to go from there.

B
m
l
February 5, 2013 10:16:32 PM

mavityre said:
I am responsible for a charitable webpage and they (me, they're software) used Frontpage. Now that I have Win 8 from XP, it's not supported. I have no version of Win 7 or Vista to go back on. So I was hoping there was some way to get it to run in XP on my second drive, even though that drive now had Win 8 on it. Figured I would take off what I want from the old drive and put it on an external drive, reload XP on the second drive after disconnecting the Win 8 drive and try to go from there.

B

Get virtual machine software such as VirtualBox and install XP on that.
Dual booting is silly if you need the 2nd OS for a single application that's not even hardware accelerated.
m
l
!