Devices are not detected in device manager after format. - Win7

Richard12

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I formatted my new Satellite l855, and installed windows 7 instead of windows 8. See what is going in device manager.
Screenshot:
problem.png

Network devices are not detected at all (ethernet, and wireless).
My AMD HD Radeon 7670M isn't detected

I don't know what's going with those unrecognized devices (yellow)

it's a new laptop, i just formatted it and installed windows. What should i do?

Specs:
Toshiba Satellite L855-B511
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel (R) i7
AMD Radeon HD 7670M
8GB DDR3

Richard12

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Someone told me that i have to install chipset driver before other drivers.
I did, but no luck :(
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/windows7_drivers.jsp?macId=&LNG=1&mode=allMachines&userOS=&action=search&selCategory=2&selFamily=2&selSeries=178&selProduct=7496&selShortMod=3821&selOS=30&selType=all&country=8&language=13&search=

CrystalFarm

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I have a very similar problem to you.

I bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro L850 (New Zealand model, can't seem to find a matching US model) and after a clean install of Windows 7 x64, this happened to me. I was able to install the ethernet driver and a few others, but I wasn't able to do anything about the graphics driver (like yours, an AMD Radeon HD 7670M). The only video driver detected in Device Manager is 'Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor'. Installing relevant drivers from the AMD website just results in a error message telling me my hardware is incompatible with their driver.

I'm basically stuck using my laptop without a graphics card, on 1024x768 resolution until I can find a fix, so if you find anything, please post it here so I can see and I'll do likewise.