Is Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsinghjassi

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
hi friend i have asus m5a 78l-mlx mother board, amd 6100 cpu, 8 gb ram and two 2 tb hdd.
please help me, is it MSI AMD R7850 Power Edition 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card good for me?
and it's support my motherboard?

Solution
If you don't mind waiting then wait. If you want to buy now, buy now. HD8000 is probably due out in June or something. That's 5 months away

I really think you should replace the power supply. Cooler Master doesn't have one of the best psu and their lower end are even worse. It's usually overrated and has high ripple. If you're budget is low, get an Antec VP-450 or corsair CX430

horaciopz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Yes, its a good card and will be supported by your motherboard. Good purchase indeed.

The main question is, what power supply do you have? if it is a cheap and weak power supply you may fry your components. Be sure to have a minimun 450W PSU of a good brand, just like seassonic, antec or corsair. If you have an unknown branded PSU, do NOT buy a GPU.

EzioAs

Distinguished
If you don't mind waiting then wait. If you want to buy now, buy now. HD8000 is probably due out in June or something. That's 5 months away

I really think you should replace the power supply. Cooler Master doesn't have one of the best psu and their lower end are even worse. It's usually overrated and has high ripple. If you're budget is low, get an Antec VP-450 or corsair CX430

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.