System Usage from Most to Least Important:

1. Video Editing / Song Editing / Music
2. Web Surfing
3. Novel / Book Writing
4. Research

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or Amazon

Parts Preferences: For CPU, whichever is better for media.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I'm not sure..

Additional Comments:

So, right now I'm far into learning how to play a few instruments, mostly synthesizers, and want to get into doing instrument covers and maybe even composing a few instrumental songs of my own. I would be interested in starting on Youtube for this. So I guess Music and Video is going to be the biggest thing but I'm also into writing.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
It seems that the most tasking thing this computer will be handling is your editing, so keeping that in mind the most important part will probably be the video card. I have no clue about how important sound cards are for music editing but most mobo's have them built in so im assuming that a discrete one is not necessary.
A factor of the build is whether you will be using it for gaming at all? I know its not listed up there but just wondering

Ryze

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

At the very most, I might get into The Elder Scrolls Online when it releases. Most of my gaming is done on consoles.

feeblepenguin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Video editing requires a lot of ram. (and is very taxing on cpu or so i've heard). 8+ gigs (maybe 12 or 16) should suffice. I would try for an i5 3450, but for $500, you might consider an i3 or an fx processor from amd.