System Usage from Most to Least Important:

1. Video Editing / Song Editing / Music
2. Web Surfing
3. Novel / Book Writing
4. Research

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or Amazon

Parts Preferences: For CPU, whichever is better for media.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I'm not sure..

Additional Comments:

So, right now I'm far into learning how to play a few instruments, mostly synthesizers, and want to get into doing instrument covers and maybe even composing a few instrumental songs of my own. I would be interested in starting on Youtube for this. So I guess Music and Video is going to be the biggest thing but I'm also into writing.

More about : 500 media computer

February 24, 2013 3:27:01 AM

It seems that the most tasking thing this computer will be handling is your editing, so keeping that in mind the most important part will probably be the video card. I have no clue about how important sound cards are for music editing but most mobo's have them built in so im assuming that a discrete one is not necessary.
A factor of the build is whether you will be using it for gaming at all? I know its not listed up there but just wondering
m
l
February 24, 2013 3:28:58 AM

bob hays said:
It seems that the most tasking thing this computer will be handling is your editing, so keeping that in mind the most important part will probably be the video card. I have no clue about how important sound cards are for music editing but most mobo's have them built in so im assuming that a discrete one is not necessary.
A factor of the build is whether you will be using it for gaming at all? I know its not listed up there but just wondering

At the very most, I might get into The Elder Scrolls Online when it releases. Most of my gaming is done on consoles.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2013 3:43:24 AM

looking at your username, do you play LOL?
m
l
February 24, 2013 3:55:14 AM

bob hays said:
looking at your username, do you play LOL?

Used to, not much anymore lol.
m
l
February 24, 2013 4:02:51 AM

Video editing requires a lot of ram. (and is very taxing on cpu or so i've heard). 8+ gigs (maybe 12 or 16) should suffice. I would try for an i5 3450, but for $500, you might consider an i3 or an fx processor from amd.
m
l
!