Trouble with Home Theater installation

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
April 20, 2004 11:59:10 PM

I recently purchased a 6-speaker "out of the box" Yamaha home theater
system. I have been installing it today. In addition to the receiver,
I have a VCR, DVD Player, and digital cable box. When I first turned
it on, the TV worked fine, the audio was transmitting throught the
speakers. But, when I placed a DVD in the DVD player, the audio
automatically changed to the audio from the DVD, even though the
receiver input was still set to "TV". Whether I have the input on the
receiver set to DVD or TV, I get the audio from the DVD. When I
remove the DVD, the audio automatically switches back to the TV audio.
Help..?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 9:09:54 AM

This may be normal, and may possibly be addressed through the receiver setup
menu.

Mark Z.

"Rob" <peyreer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a 6-speaker "out of the box" Yamaha home theater
> system. I have been installing it today. In addition to the receiver,
> I have a VCR, DVD Player, and digital cable box. When I first turned
> it on, the TV worked fine, the audio was transmitting throught the
> speakers. But, when I placed a DVD in the DVD player, the audio
> automatically changed to the audio from the DVD, even though the
> receiver input was still set to "TV". Whether I have the input on the
> receiver set to DVD or TV, I get the audio from the DVD. When I
> remove the DVD, the audio automatically switches back to the TV audio.
> Help..?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 3:55:03 PM

You should read the manual. This is normal on most of these units. Some
models give a configuration option in their user menu.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Rob" <peyreer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I recently purchased a 6-speaker "out of the box" Yamaha home theater
system. I have been installing it today. In addition to the receiver,
I have a VCR, DVD Player, and digital cable box. When I first turned
it on, the TV worked fine, the audio was transmitting throught the
speakers. But, when I placed a DVD in the DVD player, the audio
automatically changed to the audio from the DVD, even though the
receiver input was still set to "TV". Whether I have the input on the
receiver set to DVD or TV, I get the audio from the DVD. When I
remove the DVD, the audio automatically switches back to the TV audio.
Help..?
April 21, 2004 5:10:57 PM

On 20 Apr 2004 19:59:10 -0700, peyreer@yahoo.com (Rob) wrote:

>I recently purchased a 6-speaker "out of the box" Yamaha home theater
>system. I have been installing it today. In addition to the receiver,
>I have a VCR, DVD Player, and digital cable box. When I first turned
>it on, the TV worked fine, the audio was transmitting throught the
>speakers. But, when I placed a DVD in the DVD player, the audio
>automatically changed to the audio from the DVD, even though the
>receiver input was still set to "TV". Whether I have the input on the
>receiver set to DVD or TV, I get the audio from the DVD. When I
>remove the DVD, the audio automatically switches back to the TV audio.
>Help..?

(a) So take the DVD out :-)

(b) Read the manual?
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 8:32:02 AM

You have connected with a FULL 21 pin "Euro-scart" interconnect!
One of these 21 pins (I forget which one) will send the instruction to
the receiving scart input on your receiver and/or TV, and it will auto
switch to the DVD player/21 pin command!!!!

If you change your connections to S-Video and R/L line out/in, the
"problem" will be resolved.

!