chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

disc 1 loads to 23%, disc 2 stays at 23%, stops at the same file every time.
won't load past that. this game succesfully loaded on my friends computer,
no problem

"Chelsea" <Chelsea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> disc 1 loads to 23%, disc 2 stays at 23%, stops at the same file every
> time.
> won't load past that. this game succesfully loaded on my friends
> computer,
> no problem

Hello.

Try installing it in safe mode, this will help rule out other applications
interfering with the install.

To do this reboot your computer and press the F8 key several times just
before you would normally get the Windows XP boot screen. You'll then be
presented with a menu, choose safe mode and press enter.

Your machine will then loadup in safe mode, with the bare minimum it needs
to work, so yes it will look a little strange. Hopefully the Sims 2 will
then install properly. Reboot your machine to put it back into the normal
mode.

If you get the same error, it could be due to the disc itself, quite often
discs can work in some drives and not in others, getting a replacement would
be the way to go here, or even running a lens cleaning through your drive.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

took your advice , rebooted in safe mode . worked a treat. many thanks from
my daughter charlotte