Mini ITX Build

dball37

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I am planning a mini ITX build in a Bitfenix Prodigy. This is what i have so far:

i7 3770K

16GB Memory (8GB x 2) G. Skill

Hyper 212 EVO

EVGA GTX 670 2GB

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Motherboard

Would a 30mm thick fan fit in the front intake?

Also I would like suggestions for a power supply:

More than 650W, Fully Modular, No more than $160 but less would be nice.

Answers to any or both of those questions would be very much appreciated. :hello:

Solution
Got a Prodigy myself, if you have any questions then give me a shout.

Yeah pretty sure. Using a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm (which is 25mm deep) myself and while it looks fairly snug in my case I've seen people using the Spectre Pro 230mm (which is 30mm deep).

I'd strongly recommend double checking (and triple checking) how compatible that motherboard is with the Hyper 212 Evo. If you've done this I apologise, it's not a motherboard I'm very familiar with and at a glance it looks very tight.

On PSUs you are slightly length limited. I'd normally suggest the Rosewill CapstoneM or XFX Pro XXX series, but they seem a little long.
Antec HCG 620M looks ok as does the Seasonic M12-II 620...

Rammy

Honorable
Got a Prodigy myself, if you have any questions then give me a shout.

Yeah pretty sure. Using a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm (which is 25mm deep) myself and while it looks fairly snug in my case I've seen people using the Spectre Pro 230mm (which is 30mm deep).

I'd strongly recommend double checking (and triple checking) how compatible that motherboard is with the Hyper 212 Evo. If you've done this I apologise, it's not a motherboard I'm very familiar with and at a glance it looks very tight.

On PSUs you are slightly length limited. I'd normally suggest the Rosewill CapstoneM or XFX Pro XXX series, but they seem a little long.
Antec HCG 620M looks ok as does the Seasonic M12-II 620, I'm struggling to find many that are under (or close) to the 160mm limit. You can probably exceed that by a few mm if you are confident you can get the cables to bend around, but that would be more of a worry with a modular PSU. You might have more luck looking at slightly smaller capacity PSUs, like Outlander said you don't necessarily need 650W+ unless you have some sort of unusual plan (it's not like you can really cover for SLI on an ITX build) 500-550 PSUs might be that few mm shorter.

Solution