Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hd 5450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 6, 2013 4:09:20 PM

I installed the HD 5450 graphics card in my windows 8 asus desktop. I hooked up my dvi monitor with no problem but when
I hooked up the hdmi cable things went strange. At that point I couldn't open the AMD Vision control centre ad my mouse stopped
working. when I just pluggeg in the hdmi cable the tv worked so I know the cables work.

More about : 5450

a c 218 U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 4:11:45 PM

Did you have the DVI and HDMI cable connected to the same display at the same time? If so, disconnect one of them and try again.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 4:38:46 PM

the 5450 can support simultaneous output to 3 devices...you can try updating the drivers to see if that works
m
0
l
Related resources
January 6, 2013 6:30:51 PM

COLGeek said:
Did you have the DVI and HDMI cable connected to the same display at the same time? If so, disconnect one of them and try again.



I connected my vga monitor with my dvi monitor on the board and they both worked perfectly. It's when I disconnected my vga and plugged in my hdmi it didn't work. The board doesn't seem to recognise hdmi. AllI want to do is download movies on my desktop and watch on my wide screen.
m
0
l
a c 218 U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 6:32:57 PM

Make sure that you have the AMD HDMI drivers loaded. Also, verify that you HDTV is set to the proper HDMI port.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 6:41:06 PM

^ +1

you can also check if you have any other input option on your tv other then and try that out.
it will work for sure
m
0
l
January 6, 2013 7:08:48 PM

COLGeek said:
Make sure that you have the AMD HDMI drivers loaded. Also, verify that you HDTV is set to the proper HDMI port.



Thanks for you help. The problem is solved. On the windows 8 Metro you have to go to devices and click on second screen.
Who'd have thunk!!!!
m
0
l
a c 218 U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 7:11:57 PM

Good job. Not so different than setting up a second display on Win 7, for that matter.

You did good!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 7:19:07 PM

bestr1p said:
Thanks for you help. The problem is solved. On the windows 8 Metro you have to go to devices and click on second screen.
Who'd have thunk!!!!


all the best.

next time on on use the (windows key+p) shortcut
m
0
l
!