Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PhysX On AMD?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 6, 2013 6:36:47 PM

Hello people of the this website, does anyone know of any way to be able to run PhysX on a AMD based system (AMD CPU and AMD GPU)? I'm trying to build a interface for anything I made in c++ which enables GPU acceleration between both AMD APP and NVIDIA PhysX.

More about : physx amd

a c 161 U Graphics card
a c 131 À AMD
January 6, 2013 6:47:47 PM

Nope, unfortunately PhysX is not possible on an AMD card at all.
Why not use OpenGL?
m
0
l
a c 133 U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 6:51:17 PM

You would have to get hacked drivers to enable physx.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 6, 2013 6:57:06 PM

Novuake said:
Nope, unfortunately PhysX is not possible on an AMD card at all.
Why not use OpenGL?

Umm, I don't think OpenGL is gonna help me with calculating numbers.
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
a c 131 À AMD
January 6, 2013 7:05:07 PM

melikepie said:
Umm, I don't think OpenGL is gonna help me with calculating numbers.


OpenGL is an open hardware acceleration standard.

I am reasonably sure you could do close to anything you can do with PhysX.
m
0
l
January 6, 2013 7:09:24 PM

Novuake said:
OpenGL is an open hardware acceleration standard.

I am reasonably sure you could do close to anything you can do with PhysX.

OpenGL is Open Graphics Library which has drawing stuff not numbers. I'm sure I could calculate a number by rendering photos in certain orders while the user is wondering what the heck is happening to their screen while the calculation takes a few seconds just to add.
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
a c 131 À AMD
January 6, 2013 7:12:52 PM

melikepie said:
OpenGL is Open Graphics Library which has drawing stuff not numbers. I'm sure I could calculate a number by rendering photos in certain orders while the user is wondering what the heck is happening to their screen while the calculation takes a few seconds just to add.


Hmmm what am i confusing this with... My apologies.
m
0
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 6, 2013 7:13:51 PM

there are drivers out there, google it. you can also alter some game .ini files to enable it.... google that too.
m
0
l
January 6, 2013 7:17:49 PM

Novuake said:
Hmmm what am i confusing this with... My apologies.

I think it's OpenCL Open Computing Language you talking about.

OpenCL
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
a c 131 À AMD
January 6, 2013 7:44:54 PM

melikepie said:
I think it's OpenCL Open Computing Language you talking about.

OpenCL


Close enough... :bounce:  Thank you...
m
0
l
!