Is this a good setup for the money?

michaelfoster

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone

Building a new gaming pc. (bf3 ultra/crysis 3 kind of gaming) Are these parts the best for the money?

EVGA Gtx 670 FTW

I5 3570K

AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 Quad CrossFireX and Quad SLI A GbE ATX Motherboard Z77 EXTREME4

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

Will these work well together? What PSU is best?

Solution
All components will work. 16GB is a bit overkill for a gamer, 8GB is more than enough unless you specifically know you need more than that for RAM heavy applications. I assume if you are getting a "K" model CPU you will overclock, so I'd suggest an aftermarket cooler. Maybe a CoolerMaster EVO 212+, it's a good bang for the buck. Also, for a PSU you will want at least a 550-600W good PSU. XFX, Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec are all good brands.

Where are you purchasing from? If in the US, Newegg will potentially have deals, combos, and coupon codes, for you.
All components will work. 16GB is a bit overkill for a gamer, 8GB is more than enough unless you specifically know you need more than that for RAM heavy applications. I assume if you are getting a "K" model CPU you will overclock, so I'd suggest an aftermarket cooler. Maybe a CoolerMaster EVO 212+, it's a good bang for the buck. Also, for a PSU you will want at least a 550-600W good PSU. XFX, Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec are all good brands.

Where are you purchasing from? If in the US, Newegg will potentially have deals, combos, and coupon codes, for you.

Solution

michaelfoster

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Thanks for the reply :) I have a relative from the US that could possibly bring everything. I will look into the cooler and the ram. Is the case a concern? I have a normal sized Gigabyte case.