need help

when i install pharaoh i just get a message saying that "
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running
ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the
application.

i havnt a clue what i should do?
3 answers Last reply
More about need help

    "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i install pharaoh i just get a message saying that "
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for
    > running
    > ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the
    > application.
    >
    > i havnt a clue what i should do?

    Hello.

    Copy autoexec.nt from C:\Windows\Repair to C:\Windows\System32 more info and
    a how-to video up on
    http://www.windowsresource.net/troubleshooting/commonproblems.php#autoexec.nt

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when i install pharaoh i just get a message saying that "
    > > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for
    > > running
    > > ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the
    > > application.
    > >
    > > i havnt a clue what i should do?
    >
    > Hello.
    >
    > Copy autoexec.nt from C:\Windows\Repair to C:\Windows\System32 more info and
    > a how-to video up on
    > http://www.windowsresource.net/troubleshooting/commonproblems.php#autoexec.nt
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.windowsresource.net/
    >
    > *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
    >

    > thankyou it is working now

    when my computer runs the install wizard it freezes after its gets 2 '100%
    preparing the install wizrd' and nothing else happens it all closes down!!

System File Games Microsoft Windows XP