Hyper Flood Transport Sync Error HELP D:

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Ok so for quite some time now ive been using an older Crt monitor and it was really dim looking. I was really looking forward to replacing it. A while back i replaced my Gfx card with a Radeon Hd 7770 and i loved what i saw. I was running it through the DVI port on the back of the card, and i had an adapter that came with the card so that my Crts VGA plug could plug into it. I was running everything (desktop + games) at 1600 X 1200. All was well. Then for christmas i got a JVC lcd Tv that supported a higher resolution and used HDMI. So i hooked it up and was playing everything that 1920 X 1080. All was fine till i put the pc to sleep. After waking up the pc i played a few games and had no issues. Then i watched a youtube video at full screen and the computer screen went dark. I still heard the audio so i was confused. Shortly after the computer restarted and i got the title of the thread as a message. "Hyper flood transport sync error occured, press f1 to continue". I did that and went straight to the same video. I had no issues. It seems it only happens if i A) wake the pc up from sleep mode, and B) watch a full screen youtube video. I dont know what to say guys. Can i get some help? The rest of my stats are as follows.

Amd Phenom 2 X6 1055t
Saphire Radeon HD 7770 Overclocked Edition
4 GB 1333 Mhz ram
Corsair 750w TX750 Psu
Windows 7 Ultimate

Ive posted this question before, and i havent gotten any solutions, very few responses. So this is my second try. Additional information below.

Ive Updated my bios very recently, so i dont think thats the issue. The ram isnt overclocked, and the voltages are the same as the day i put this thing together... so not sure what is going on. What do you think a good Voltage would be? which setting would i change?

I just checked last night, the voltage the ram is supposed to run at is 1.5 V, and its not overclocked. Its currently at 1.6 V on the Bios, and the other options are 1.8 V., something else ( i forgot one of them) and 2.1 V. I also looked at the voltages for the HT and NB. They were both disabled.... not sure what that means. I looked at the options for them, but they were different than these voltages. They were stuff like +15 MVU or something like that, i cant rememeber.

Ok so it doesnt happen only after sleep mode, but its more likely to. It only happens when i go full screen on youtube, and it only happens once for the day. I dont know what its doing, or why its doing it. Help?

Edit: Just ran both Memtestx86 and Video Memory stress Test v1.7, both got solid passes. Looking to run a few GPU and CPU tests to see what comes up, ill report back if i find anything.

Edit 2: Ran a GPU stress test and a CPU Stress test, and im not seeing anything weird in the voltage/heat areas... so im not sure whats up.

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

yeah S3 was enabled, is that good or bad?

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
If this helps at all, im using Google Chrome.... and it auto updates... so theres nothing i can update there. Also when i change "Allow hardware acceleration" to off, it never sticks. Next time i check its on again.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

http://jamisondance.com/post/22387219496/turning-off-gpu-acceleration-in-google-chrome/

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

How do i go about putting these in? Im not sure what to do with those.
Edit : Id like to make it so i can still use hardware acceleration, but just fix the problem, i dont want to change too many settings if i dont have to.

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Ok so that basically just takes sleep mode out of the picture, which is disappointing since i used to use it all the time prior to getting the new monitor/tv. Also how do i go about doing that?

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Mkay ty for your help, ill go try that and ill post my results. :D

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Ok so i got the crash yet again after disabling "Hybrid Sleep" in the "Change Advanced Power Settings". I noticed that it happens when im using the 1080p option in youtube, and thinking back im pretty sure thats the only times it has happened. Im guessing it goes something like this. Youtube video loads in the auto mode, starts out low, buffers for a bit, switches to 1080p, after a bit in fullscreen, crash. Not sure what else i can do at this point but maybe turn off hard ware accel? :/

sign in to you tube if you have an account there...orelse creat one.
than click on the settings and set the video quality to 720p or 480p.

you can disable hardware acceleration to help if that works.

s3 sleep mode is suspended to ram...increase the amount of ram if you can or else quit as many apps as you can before going off to sleep.
also memory test to see if there are any memory problem

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Im getting more ram soon, i ordered 8 gb with this kit, and one of the sticks went bad a while back, it has a lifetime warranty and im RMAing it tomorrow. So maybe its just because im using only 4 gb with this rig? or what? I already memtest86-ed it and it passed, i also tested my gpu ram and stress tested both my gpu and my cpu, all passes there, my temps are great and all that jazz. And yeah i feel stupid, i checked the different sleep modes, and i was like oh... jeez. I tried putting it in hibernation and i still got it, so im not sure its a ram thing. Curiously enough, i did a slight overclock on my cpu last night, following guides and being extremly careful. I bumped it up from 2.8 Ghz (stock) to 3.1 Ghz. Then straigh out of hibernation this morning, i tried a few youtube videos on 720p full screen. All seemed well till the 4th video on 720P, it crashed, but this time it didnt give the a HT flood error, and i wasnt greeted by the usual "windows has recovered...... blah blah" message i usually got after a HT flood error, not sure whats up.

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
well when i built this system, i bought 2 sticks of the same size, brand, and model. One went bad, and it has a life time warranty. So i just RMA'ed it in for a replacement/repair. So im pretty sure ill be getting the exact same model back.

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
So other than replacing my ram, what is there to do? How can i fix this? Also i tried to installed internet explorer 9 just so i could have something to watch youtube with (just in case it was the google chrome flash plugin) but it wont let me, and when i goto "Turn off windows features" in the program uninstall menu, it says that i have IE9... but i clearly have 8... problems problems

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I was going to try, but i hate IE8 with a passion, and i dont much care for firefox, so i was going to try IE9, but it wouldnt install on my system, dont know why.
I just tested HTML5, it only works on a few video since most of the videos i watch have ads, and it doesnt work for those, but the ones that i did test worked fine, no crashes in fullscreen. Hopefully they release the full thing soon yeah?

it is your flash player that is creating the problem.
try updating the other plugins too.
ensure you don't have any conflict with any Apple softwares.
Apple is a sworn enemy of flash.
check the event viewer for the error logs created.that will give you a better idea.

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Event viewer? Give me more details/steps for that one. Im not sure how apple conflicts with chrome on a windows system.... sounds fishy to me, i rarely have itunes running anymore, and i dont use QuickTime or safari, dont even have safari installed, since i use chrome. Also i only have one plug-in for chrome, and chrome pretty much says "hey user, dont worry about updating anything, WE GOT THIS!!" so not sure what i can do there

rayquazn

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Odd, when i checked the event veiwer logs, i found this little error message quite a few times...

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor ID: 0