Solved

Graphics and gaming

So my systems consists of an Intel (R) G45/G43 Express chipset and a stock dell PSU.

Bestec: Model ATX0900D5WB
Input:100-127V-8A, 200-240V-4A 50/60Hz
Output: +12V ---/ 18A, -12V ---/ 0.8A
300W MAX +5V ---/ 22A, +5VSB ---/ 2A
+3.3V ---/ 17A

+5V & +3.3V 160W MAX

I was was looking at getting the MSI R6670-MD1GD3 graphics card and heard in the reviews that there is no need for an external PSU, it was powered completely off the bus. Also there is no PCI-E power support so it doesnt need extra power. I am wondering if I will be able to support this card with my current set-up and if not what would be a reliable PSU for a decent price ($50.00). Or if there is a graphics card out there that would support ANNO 2070 and the new Simcity due out at the start of feb.
Currently ANNO 2070 runs but is very choppy.

ANNO 2070: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (1 GB recommended)

Simcity: ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics gaming
  1. You asked the same question in September and looks like nothing has changed in your desires.

Your current PSU should power a HD6670 as long as you don't overclock the video card.
  2. This could be a good one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=cx430

Even if you think you don´t need a good psu try to get one, real wattage and power protections for your build, the peace of mind is worth it
  3. COLGeek said:
    You asked the same question in September and looks like nothing has changed in your desires.

Your current PSU should power a HD6670 as long as you don't overclock the video card.

Thanks, I was just making sure as I wasn't buying something I didn't need. Also things change very quickly in computer technology.

How is the quality of MSI R6670-MD1GD3? Is there a better graphics card that would be supported by the CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply. Thanks again!!
  4. Best answer
    Yes, with a new PSU (like the one pit_1209 recommended) you could go with a HD7750 or HD7770 easily. Both will outperform the HD6670.
  5. As the 7750 uses less power than a 6670, you could go for one of those and probably keep your current PSU, though it would be a good idea to replace it soon. The 7750 is far more powerful.
  6. Try to buy a new psu like the one in the link, maybe not now but in the long run you´ll thank me and evryone here is concient about the advantages.
  7. COLGeek said:
    Yes, with a new PSU (like the one pit_1209 recommended) you could go with a HD7750 or HD7770 easily. Both will outperform the HD6670.

+1 on that. The newer generation cards are going backwards on power consumption and are a easier fit with systems that are store bought I would however look towards something like the power supply listed above.
  8. Best answer selected by PKordus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product