Micro ATX and LAN Box Case Disadvantages

Floris

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
I am wondering how much a Micro ATX would limit my ability for CrossFire HD 7870 and overclocking a i5-3570K to 4.2/4.5 ghz and what would be a good Micro ATX or a ATX motherboard when Micro ATX isn't recommended
And what are the disadvantages of a Cooler Master HAF XB over a Cooler Master Storm Scout II which of those is the best for gaming ? I am not gonna walk with it all day only once in 2 months or something when i go to a friend.
Is a CX750 Watt good for gaming ? Because there are others that are more expensive (AX,TX,HX)

Thanks

Floris

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Then what is the difference between crossfire and crossfire x ? I mean i want 2 HD 7870 in the future for better performance is, i want one in the first PCIe slot and one in another. (probably the second)

crossfire splits the x 16 graphics slot bandwisth over two slots so they run at x8/x8

crossfire X keeps the graphics slot at x16 , and lets you add another card in a x4 slot .
The x4 slot limits graphics performance on even a midrange card . On a 7970 it will choke it

ASUS make an m-ATX board with a Z77 chipset that can crossfire and SLI and it uses the bottom slot as the second graphics slot so there is good spacing between the cards

Cant remember the model number but Im sure if you search on Newegg you will find it

Floris

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

But what is better then Crossfire or Crossfire X ? x8/x8 seems better to me

EDIT : Did a little research and found out that Crossfire X is just another name for Crossfire with 3 or 4 gpu's ? I selected ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and if Micro ATX is good enough for 2x 7870's then i'd pick ASRock Pro4-m