Will this run Bf3 on ultra

Will this system run Bf3 on ultra settings?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
10 answers Last reply
More about will ultra
  1. emmko1 said:
    Will this system run Bf3 on ultra settings?

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

    No, sadly your computer build of NOTHING cannot run BF3 on ultra.

    It CAN however run it one high
  2. Yes it will. It can run Crysis @ High-Ultra too.
  3. Oh yeah just realized lol. He didn't put in his build ^_^.
  4. Intel
    Core i5-3570K

    Cooler Master
    V8

    Asus
    P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8G

    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

    Corsair 600T White Graphite

    Corsair Air Series SP120

    Corsair AX850
  5. Yes that will run it on ultra, but this is my recommendation:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.49 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($105.95 @ Amazon)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($297.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($148.15 @ Mac Connection)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1148.48
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-24 13:22 EST-0500)
  6. SHORYUKEN said:
    Yes that will run it on ultra, but this is my recommendation:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.49 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($105.95 @ Amazon)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($297.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($148.15 @ Mac Connection)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1148.48
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-24 13:22 EST-0500)

    His build is better, why trade ther 680 for the 7950? imo, unless this guys isnt going for a gaming rig, which he is, then the 680 is much better.
  7. You must not know about the differences of the 680 and 670. If the 680 is 5% faster than the 670, and the 7950 = 670, then this is a good build.
  8. If he's gunning for a 680, give him a 7970 ghz. It overclocks like a beast and can beat a 680 any day
  9. emmko1 said:
    Intel
    Core i5-3570K
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8G
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
    Corsair 600T White Graphite
    Corsair Air Series SP120
    Corsair AX850


    Definitely go with some of SHORYUKEN's suggestions instead of these.

    Some explanations for his changes (should probably provide these for new builds, especially if its their first one, which this seems to be?):
    The P8Z68 is an older board, and the only major distinguishing factor I saw was on-board bluetooth. Not really worth the step back and higher price. I have a P8Z77-V LK myself and haven't found its feature set lacking so far.

    The Hyper 212 Evo is cheaper than the V8 and probably more than adequately fits your cooling needs (unless you plan on some high-end overclocking.)

    At this point in time, Radeon cards are a much better deal price/performance wise than GeForce cards.
    If the OP was really bent on the top tier, I'd personally recommend either a Gigabyte or ASUS 7970 though if they were originally going for a 680. (not GHz edition, since it's rather simple to overclock and get the same performance for less $). Otherwise a 7950 or 670 will suffice.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Battlefield Systems Product