Video card for photo and video editing

Ok my cousins husband is looking to get a computer for video editing and photoshop. He was planning on getting a Mac desktop but I steered him away from that because I told him I could build a better computer for cheaper. What video card should I pair with this. Thing is I've done a million gaming builds but never any for heavy CPU work so really I don't know how much the video card plays in video editing and photoshop. Lets just say at this point budget doesn't matter.
3 answers Last reply
More about video card photo video editing
  1. From what I've been told 3D rendering would be more so on the AMD spectrum. And with ADOBE products mainly NVIDIA. You are a larger member of the community what do you think you ought to pair up? What is the budget?
  2. bigshootr8 said:
    From what I've been told 3D rendering would be more so on the AMD spectrum. And with ADOBE products mainly NVIDIA. You are a larger member of the community what do you think you ought to pair up? What is the budget?

Well obviously you don't want to cheap out I mean like anything balence is important. BUT also like I said I really don't know much about video and photo editing. As mentioned the majority of builds I have done have been for everyday use and gaming. What I am trying to say I guess is I don't know if I need something like a Radeon 7970/GTX 680 or if something lower end will do such as a 7850. Again I don't know how much of a demand these types of programs put on the video card as I don't do any of the things listed above.
  3. Well for direct computing I know AMD is stronger but with things like Photo Editing photoshop NVIDIA plays nicer on the PC because of CUDA. I have heard gripes though on the Editing side. I mean without going into super serious 3D rendering and editing I would think either would be fine. I think its more feeling out what there needs are how fast they want something done.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Photoshop Video Editing Computer Graphics