DVI output not displaying anything on HDMI projector

maurizioi

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello,
I have an Ati 6450HD card. When I plug in my proejector i use a DVI to HDMI calbe and the projector doesnt see the signal and neither does windows recognize the display. When i plug in a regular DVI monitor with a DVI to DVI cable it works fine. Can someone help ?

maurizioi

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Yes. I also switched back and forth on the projector between component input to HDMI input to try and wake up the DVI-I on my pc but doesnt work. I also plugged in a DVI LCD regular monitor on my pc and it works fine...Finally i tried one more thing is that i put a dvi to vga adapter and plugged in the same LCD monitor that has a vga port and that didnt work like the projector.

Im at a loss...

maurizioi

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
The same cable that i currently run from HDMI projector to DVI pc i ca put in a blu ray or set top box with an DVI to HDMI converter and it works fine. Also the other projector inputs all work fine. The only time it will refuse to work if it is a signal that comes either from the HDMI or DVI port of my pc video card

maurizioi

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Ok its working not how it should but its working. I am tricking my video card here is how i do it. I plugged in a dvi to hdmi cable in my HD TV then my video card sees two displays my LG 22 inch monitor and my HDTV. I then change the resolution on both to 1280 x 720 which is the native resolution of the projector. I apply these settings and once its done i then unplug the dvi cable and plug in the dvi cable from the monitor and BINGO i see the picture....

Like i said its not perfect but it works at least and after 4 days i cant take it anymore. What i will do from now on is whenever is use my projector ( once a week ) i will need to do this 5 minute tango.

Thanks