Nokia 7250i PC suite and USB cable

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 14, 2005 2:25:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

i know it's probably something very basic such as a driver or something
missing, but i can't find it. When i connect my 7250i to my pc via USB,
Windows tells me "UNKNOWN USB DEVICE" and PC SUITE can't seem to see my
phone. However if i switch on my IR on the phone and PC windows seems to
identify the phone and so does PC SUITE. where can i find the proper USB
driver so that both Windows and PC Suite will identify my 7250i

TIA

K.C
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:33:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

It seems, that your are using non-original cable, based on ProLific chipset
PL-2303 ( http://tech.prolific.com.tw/ ). Also it can be OsiTech (
http://www.ositech.com/ ) cable or the cable based on KingSun chipset
(doesn't work for data synchronization ) and Texas Instruments chipset (
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tusbwinvc... ).

PS: Nokia PC Suite may not work with cable, based on non-Nokia chipset. In
this case we can suggest to have a look at our product- Oxygen Phone Manager
II ( http://www.opm-2.com/opm2/ ).

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, KC!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia on Mon, 13
Jun 2005 22:25:34 +0200 from address kevin@itsmusic.co.za:

>i know it's probably something very basic such as a driver or something
>missing, but i can't find it. When i connect my 7250i to my pc via USB,
>Windows tells me "UNKNOWN USB DEVICE" and PC SUITE can't seem to see my
>phone. However if i switch on my IR on the phone and PC windows seems
>identify the phone and so does PC SUITE. where can i find the proper
>USB
>driver so that both Windows and PC Suite will identify my 7250i

>TIA

>K.C
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:33:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

i have found the problem. I was using a DKU2 cable and my phone requires a
different cable (i think it's a DKU4)

news:D 9bsru$275k$1@gavrilo.mtu.ru...

!