Nokia 7250i PC suite and USB cable

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

i know it's probably something very basic such as a driver or something
missing, but i can't find it. When i connect my 7250i to my pc via USB,
Windows tells me "UNKNOWN USB DEVICE" and PC SUITE can't seem to see my
phone. However if i switch on my IR on the phone and PC windows seems to
identify the phone and so does PC SUITE. where can i find the proper USB
driver so that both Windows and PC Suite will identify my 7250i

TIA

K.C
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 7250i suite cable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

    It seems, that your are using non-original cable, based on ProLific chipset
    PL-2303 ( http://tech.prolific.com.tw/ ). Also it can be OsiTech (
    http://www.ositech.com/ ) cable or the cable based on KingSun chipset
    (doesn't work for data synchronization ) and Texas Instruments chipset (
    http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tusbwinvcp.html ).

    PS: Nokia PC Suite may not work with cable, based on non-Nokia chipset. In
    this case we can suggest to have a look at our product- Oxygen Phone Manager
    II ( http://www.opm-2.com/opm2/ ).

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, KC!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia on Mon, 13
    Jun 2005 22:25:34 +0200 from address kevin@itsmusic.co.za:

    >i know it's probably something very basic such as a driver or something
    >missing, but i can't find it. When i connect my 7250i to my pc via USB,
    >Windows tells me "UNKNOWN USB DEVICE" and PC SUITE can't seem to see my
    >phone. However if i switch on my IR on the phone and PC windows seems
    >identify the phone and so does PC SUITE. where can i find the proper
    >USB
    >driver so that both Windows and PC Suite will identify my 7250i

    >TIA

    >K.C
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia (More info?)

    i have found the problem. I was using a DKU2 cable and my phone requires a
    different cable (i think it's a DKU4)

    "Oxygen Software" <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote in message
    > It seems, that your are using non-original cable, based on ProLific
    chipset
    > PL-2303 ( http://tech.prolific.com.tw/ ). Also it can be OsiTech (
    > http://www.ositech.com/ ) cable or the cable based on KingSun chipset
    > (doesn't work for data synchronization ) and Texas Instruments chipset (
    > http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tusbwinvcp.html ).
    >

    > PS: Nokia PC Suite may not work with cable, based on non-Nokia chipset. In
    > this case we can suggest to have a look at our product- Oxygen Phone
    Manager
    > II ( http://www.opm-2.com/opm2/ ).
    >
    > If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
    > program, feel free to post them on our official forum
    > http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
    >
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    > Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    > http://www.smsactivex.com/
    >
    > Hello, KC!
    > You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia,alt.pl.mobile.nokia on Mon, 13
    > Jun 2005 22:25:34 +0200 from address kevin@itsmusic.co.za:
    >
    > >i know it's probably something very basic such as a driver or something
    > >missing, but i can't find it. When i connect my 7250i to my pc via USB,
    > >Windows tells me "UNKNOWN USB DEVICE" and PC SUITE can't seem to see my
    > >phone. However if i switch on my IR on the phone and PC windows seems
    > >identify the phone and so does PC SUITE. where can i find the proper
    > >USB
    > >driver so that both Windows and PC Suite will identify my 7250i
    >
    > >TIA
    >
    > >K.C

Nokia Phones USB