Sign in with
Your question

¿Why so serious?

Last response: in Systems
February 24, 2013 6:09:32 PM

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ?????????????? ?????????????? ???????????? ?????????? ????????

More about : question

February 24, 2013 6:20:40 PM

why would you spend a $1000 to play minecraft?
m
l
February 24, 2013 6:22:35 PM

If you want to play much of anything but minecraft I would go with a PC. With a PC you will also get alot more power for the money you spend.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2013 6:37:59 PM

You can't play Skyrim on a macbook without some sort of computer guru tricks.. Get a nice gaming laptop to max out MC.. Minecraft needs more RAM and CPU and maybe a GT 620 or so if your gonna use texture packs
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:06:38 PM

I like the specs.. not so much windows 8 or lenovo
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:07:40 PM

hell my $80 crappy android plays minecraft without lag
why spend over 1000 bucks?
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:11:22 PM

KyrosysJ said:
hell my $80 crappy android plays minecraft without lag
why spend over 1000 bucks?

There is a HUGE difference between the android and PC versions of minecraft.

Rockdpm said:
I like the specs.. not so much windows 8 or lenovo

Lenovo is a great brand. My family has had IBM/Lenovo (Same company) PCs for years.
As for Win8, thats going to come with pretty much any new computer I am afraid. Only way I am certain of to get a new laptop with windows 7 is to custom build it on a site such as AVA Direct. Often that will lead to much higher prices than he is looking to spend though.

Actually.. if he decides to go that route.. Go here: http://www.avadirect.com/gaming-laptop-configurator.asp... choose win7 home premium 64 bit from the OS dropdown and leave the rest the same and the total price comes to $959 for a pretty good gaming laptop, within his budget. You can tweak the parts list to get the price lower/higher if you want. I thought about getting a laptop from them awhile back but decided to keep my current lower end laptop for mobile uses and build a desktop instead.

If you decide to go that route MAKE SURE you choose an OS as that starts as a barebones build with no operating system.
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:21:51 PM

Ava direct? Now thats a good recommendation
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:38:18 PM

Rockdpm said:
You can't play Skyrim on a macbook without some sort of computer guru tricks.. Get a nice gaming laptop to max out MC.. Minecraft needs more RAM and CPU and maybe a GT 620 or so if your gonna use texture packs

Minecraft doesn't run well on my 8600 GT and ran much better on my old 8800 GT, so I'd recommend at least a GT 640 which is comparable to the 8800 GT model that I had.
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:50:00 PM

Um i have a buddy that plays MC on a i3 with intel HD 3000..still think its impossiburr
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:55:46 PM

I'm not saying that it can't be run on worse, just that I don't recommend it.
m
l
February 24, 2013 8:35:10 PM

I think that it would be good. IDK if it'd be the best option, but I think that it'd do the job.
m
l
February 24, 2013 9:15:41 PM

The AVA Direct custom job I linked above is better than that alienware and cheaper. Alienware.. you pay extra for the name.

Quote:
Go here: http://www.avadirect.com/gaming-laptop-configurator.asp... choose win7 home premium 64 bit from the OS dropdown and leave the rest the same and the total price comes to $959 for a pretty good gaming laptop, within his budget. You can tweak the parts list to get the price lower/higher if you want. I thought about getting a laptop from them awhile back but decided to keep my current lower end laptop for mobile uses and build a desktop instead.

If you decide to go that route MAKE SURE you choose an OS as that starts as a barebones build with no operating system.
m
l
!