im trying to load and play a game..and keep getting an error after i load it
about directdraw..i have windows xp..how do i play the game or get rid of the
error..TY...

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed?

"Forklitttt" <Forklitttt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im trying to load and play a game..and keep getting an error after i load
> it
> about directdraw..i have windows xp..how do i play the game or get rid of
> the
> error..TY...

yes i do..and i treid doing a software compatibility test..still dont work...

"Jerry" wrote:

> Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed?
>
> "Forklitttt" <Forklitttt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > im trying to load and play a game..and keep getting an error after i load
> > it
> > about directdraw..i have windows xp..how do i play the game or get rid of
> > the
> > error..TY...

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You can run the diagnostics. Start > Run > dxdiag

> yes i do..and i treid doing a software compatibility test..still dont
> work...
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
>> Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed?
>>
>> "Forklitttt" <Forklitttt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > im trying to load and play a game..and keep getting an error after i
>> > load
>> > it
>> > about directdraw..i have windows xp..how do i play the game or get rid
>> > of
>> > the
>> > error..TY...

Thank You so much..Jimmy..and Jerry....the advice helped out.but i found out
my drivers from nVIDIA nview are damaged,and i am going to do a system
recovery,and then upgare dmy drivers...the web page is awsome jimmy.im glad
there are ppl willing to help others without chargeing a price...TY once again

"Jerry" wrote:

> You can run the diagnostics. Start > Run > dxdiag
>
> "Forklitttt" <Forklitttt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes i do..and i treid doing a software compatibility test..still dont
> > work...
> >
> > "Jerry" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed?
> >>
> >> "Forklitttt" <Forklitttt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I'm glad the newsgroups provide us a place to help each other.
Good luck, and thanks for taking the time to post back! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User