  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Share
June 14, 2005 3:11:55 PM

Hello!

I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had to
turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.

Thanks.

More about : 6680 charging

June 14, 2005 3:30:23 PM

I am having this same problem on Vodafone in the UK.

Vodafone said it is a well known problem they are looking into.

"marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message news:D 8m70m$9gl$1@bagan.srce.hr...
> Hello!
>
> I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
> full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
> to turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 11:39:17 PM

"K" <@.> wrote in message
>I am having this same problem on Vodafone in the UK.
>
> Vodafone said it is a well known problem they are looking into.
>

> "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message
> news:D 8m70m$9gl$1@bagan.srce.hr...
>> Hello!
>>
>> I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
>> full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
>> to turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
>>
>> Thanks.

My Orange 6680 refused to charge. Despite an hour on charge it said low
battery as soon as I unplugged it. I restarted and then it charged
correctly.

I could list other bugs, but am waiting to compile a bigger list. Won't be
long. But it is a good phone and I wouldnt go back to the less-buggy 6600 I
had before.

Ben
Related resources
June 15, 2005 5:03:30 AM

What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
off. I expected a bit better than this.

Gareth
June 15, 2005 1:13:39 PM

="Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
> averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
> off. I expected a bit better than this.
>
> Gareth

I am very unimpressed with battery life. Like you I am getting about 2 days
before needing to charge with very few calls made.

Spoke to local Vodafone shop who tol dme that was very good for a 3G phone!

Who knows.

Even with it's huge list of bugs and rubbish battery I would not go back to
my 6820 which was bug free.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:17:17 PM

Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

"K" <@.> schreef in bericht
> ="Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
>> averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
>> off. I expected a bit better than this.
>>
>> Gareth
>>

> I am very unimpressed with battery life. Like you I am getting about 2
> days before needing to charge with very few calls made.
>
> Spoke to local Vodafone shop who tol dme that was very good for a 3G
> phone!
>
> Who knows.
>
> Even with it's huge list of bugs and rubbish battery I would not go back
> to my 6820 which was bug free.

June 15, 2005 3:49:19 PM

- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
and on to get correct charge level
- Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
- Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
- Very slow response to menu commands sometimes

There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just the
ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.

"Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
news:D 8ormp$16k$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:03:47 PM

Im having exactly the same problems as described. I have to turn off my
phone first before it fully registers. I am expecting a firmware fix to
rectify this. However I am contemplating reverting back to my P900 Sony
Ericsson!!
"marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message news:D 8m70m$9gl$1@bagan.srce.hr...
> Hello!
>
> I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
> full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
> turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:32:55 PM

Strange!

Which firmware is in your 6680?

I don't have the mentioned items . . .

--

>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
>and on to get correct charge level
> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
> calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
>
> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just the
> ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
>

> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
> news:D 8ormp$16k$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>> Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

June 15, 2005 5:44:42 PM

Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?

"Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
news:D 8p3l1$nvb$1@news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Strange!
>
> Which firmware is in your 6680?
>
> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
>
> --
> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
> My firmware:
> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
>

> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
>>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
>>and on to get correct charge level
>> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
>> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
>> calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
>> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
>>
>> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
>> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
>>

>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
>> news:D 8ormp$16k$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>>> Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:26:21 PM

In your STBY-screen: *#0000#

I've 3.04.11, original Nokia, NOT provider-branded!

--

> Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?
>
> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
> news:D 8p3l1$nvb$1@news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>> Strange!
>>
>> Which firmware is in your 6680?
>>
>> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
>>
>> --
>> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
>> My firmware:
>> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
>> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
>> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
>>

>> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
>>>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
>>>and on to get correct charge level
>>> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
>>> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or
>>> receive calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
>>> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
>>>
>>> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
>>> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
>>>

>>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
>>> news:D 8ormp$16k$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:26:47 PM

Do you have MSN?

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:
Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)

"K" <@.> schreef in bericht
> Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?
>
> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
> news:D 8p3l1$nvb$1@news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>> Strange!
>>
>> Which firmware is in your 6680?
>>
>> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
>>
>> --
>> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
>> My firmware:
>> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
>> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
>> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
>>

>> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
>>>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
>>>and on to get correct charge level
>>> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
>>> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or
>>> receive calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
>>> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
>>>
>>> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
>>> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
>>>

>>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
>>> news:D 8ormp$16k$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

June 15, 2005 7:35:53 PM

3.04.11 (14/04/05) RM-36

Vodafone-branded

I spoke to Vodafone about the battery indicator not refreshing after a
charge and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on a
fix for the next firmware.

No MSN at work, sorry.

"Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
news:D 8pa9n$vbo$1@news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> In your STBY-screen: *#0000#
>
> I've 3.04.11, original Nokia, NOT provider-branded!
>
> --
> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
> My firmware:
> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
>

> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
>> Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?
>>
>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
>> news:D 8p3l1$nvb$1@news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>>> Strange!
>>>
>>> Which firmware is in your 6680?
>>>
>>> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
>>>
>>> --
>>> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
>>> My firmware:
>>> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
>>> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
>>> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
>>>

>>> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht

June 18, 2005 12:44:16 AM

"Chimp" <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Im having exactly the same problems as described. I have to turn off my
> phone first before it fully registers. I am expecting a firmware fix to
> rectify this. However I am contemplating reverting back to my P900 Sony
> Ericsson!!
> "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message
news:D 8m70m$9gl$1@bagan.srce.hr...
> > Hello!
> >
> > I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
> > full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
> > turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
> >
> > Thanks.

Well I am happy to say mine is working fine :o ) As usual there are a few
features of my previous phones that this one lacks (such as auto key lock!)
but apart from that all is well. v2.04.15 on 3 (UK)
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:43:54 PM

I think you will find it does have auto key lock. I set mine whenever my
girlfriend is about!! ha ha. Nothing worse than the gf being nosey with the
phone. I wouldnt mind but I have nothing to hide!!
Settings_Security settings_phone and sim. You will find it in there!

!