6680 charging

Hello!

I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had to
turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.

Thanks.
14 answers Last reply
More about 6680 charging

    I am having this same problem on Vodafone in the UK.

    Vodafone said it is a well known problem they are looking into.

    "K" <@.> wrote in message
    >I am having this same problem on Vodafone in the UK.
    >
    > Vodafone said it is a well known problem they are looking into.
    >

    > "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
    >> full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
    >> to turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    My Orange 6680 refused to charge. Despite an hour on charge it said low
    battery as soon as I unplugged it. I restarted and then it charged
    correctly.

    I could list other bugs, but am waiting to compile a bigger list. Won't be
    long. But it is a good phone and I wouldnt go back to the less-buggy 6600 I
    had before.

    Ben

    What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
    averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
    off. I expected a bit better than this.

    Gareth

    ="Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
    > averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
    > off. I expected a bit better than this.
    >
    > Gareth

    I am very unimpressed with battery life. Like you I am getting about 2 days
    before needing to charge with very few calls made.

    Spoke to local Vodafone shop who tol dme that was very good for a 3G phone!

    Who knows.

    Even with it's huge list of bugs and rubbish battery I would not go back to
    my 6820 which was bug free.

    Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:

    "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
    > ="Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What kind of battery life are people getting with the 6680? I have
    >> averaged about 2 days so far, mostly on standby, with Bluetooth turned
    >> off. I expected a bit better than this.
    >>
    >> Gareth
    >>

    > I am very unimpressed with battery life. Like you I am getting about 2
    > days before needing to charge with very few calls made.
    >
    > Spoke to local Vodafone shop who tol dme that was very good for a 3G
    > phone!
    >
    > Who knows.
    >
    > Even with it's huge list of bugs and rubbish battery I would not go back
    > to my 6820 which was bug free.

    - Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
    and on to get correct charge level
    - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
    - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
    calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
    - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes

    There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just the
    ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.

    "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    > Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

    Im having exactly the same problems as described. I have to turn off my
    phone first before it fully registers. I am expecting a firmware fix to
    rectify this. However I am contemplating reverting back to my P900 Sony
    Ericsson!!
    "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message news:d8m70m$9gl$1@bagan.srce.hr...
    > Hello!
    >
    > I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
    > full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
    > turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Strange!

    Which firmware is in your 6680?

    I don't have the mentioned items . . .

    --

    >- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
    >and on to get correct charge level
    > - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
    > - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
    > calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
    > - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
    >
    > There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just the
    > ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
    >

    > "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    >> Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

    Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?

    > Strange!
    >
    > Which firmware is in your 6680?
    >
    > I don't have the mentioned items . . .
    >
    > --
    > Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    > My firmware:
    > Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
    > Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
    > Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
    >

    > "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
    >>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
    >>and on to get correct charge level
    >> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
    >> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or receive
    >> calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
    >> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
    >>
    >> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
    >> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
    >>

    >> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    >>> Huge list of bugs ?!?!? Like what ?

    In your STBY-screen: *#0000#

    I've 3.04.11, original Nokia, NOT provider-branded!

    --

    > Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?
    >
    > "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    >> Strange!
    >>
    >> Which firmware is in your 6680?
    >>
    >> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
    >>
    >> --
    >> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    >> My firmware:
    >> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
    >> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
    >> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
    >>

    >> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
    >>>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
    >>>and on to get correct charge level
    >>> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
    >>> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or
    >>> receive calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
    >>> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
    >>>
    >>> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
    >>> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
    >>>

    >>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message

    Do you have MSN?

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:
    Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
    Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
    Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)

    "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
    > Not sure. Whatever Vodafone put on it. How can I check?
    >
    > "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    >> Strange!
    >>
    >> Which firmware is in your 6680?
    >>
    >> I don't have the mentioned items . . .
    >>
    >> --
    >> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    >> My firmware:
    >> Nokia 6310i -> v5.60 (06-09-04)
    >> Nokia 6600 -> v5.27.0 (28-06-04)
    >> Nokia 6680 -> v3.04.11 (14-04-05)
    >>

    >> "K" <@.> schreef in bericht
    >>>- Battery level indicator doesn't refresh after charge - need to turn off
    >>>and on to get correct charge level
    >>> - Poor battery performance (2 days on mostly stand by)
    >>> - Loss of call functionality (signal shows good but can't make or
    >>> receive calls or texts) - have to switch off and on
    >>> - Very slow response to menu commands sometimes
    >>>
    >>> There are many many more bugs reported in forums I use, these are just
    >>> the ones I experience that I can recall at the moment.
    >>>

    >>> "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message

    3.04.11 (14/04/05) RM-36

    Vodafone-branded

    I spoke to Vodafone about the battery indicator not refreshing after a
    charge and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on a
    fix for the next firmware.

    No MSN at work, sorry.

    "Chimp" <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Im having exactly the same problems as described. I have to turn off my
    > phone first before it fully registers. I am expecting a firmware fix to
    > rectify this. However I am contemplating reverting back to my P900 Sony
    > Ericsson!!
    > "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register a
    > > full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I had
    > > turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Well I am happy to say mine is working fine :o) As usual there are a few
    features of my previous phones that this one lacks (such as auto key lock!)
    but apart from that all is well. v2.04.15 on 3 (UK)

    I think you will find it does have auto key lock. I set mine whenever my
    girlfriend is about!! ha ha. Nothing worse than the gf being nosey with the
    phone. I wouldnt mind but I have nothing to hide!!
    Settings_Security settings_phone and sim. You will find it in there!
    "Easy" <easy@theobvioussinstripe.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Chimp" <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Im having exactly the same problems as described. I have to turn off my
    > > phone first before it fully registers. I am expecting a firmware fix to
    > > rectify this. However I am contemplating reverting back to my P900 Sony
    > > Ericsson!!
    > > "marko" <mark111@net.hr> wrote in message
    > > > Hello!
    > > >
    > > > I´m having problems with charging my 6680. The phone doesn´t register
    > > > full-charge and there is no sound signal when the battery is full. I
    had
    > > > turn the phone off and on in order to register full-charge.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >

    > Well I am happy to say mine is working fine :o) As usual there are a few
    > features of my previous phones that this one lacks (such as auto key
    lock!)
    > but apart from that all is well. v2.04.15 on 3 (UK)

Nokia Battery Phones