Reverse designed cases

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I'm trying to think of the term used to describe cases that have the MB mounted CPU down and the opposite side of the case opens for access. ??

Does anyone know of case manufacturers that build those kind of cases? I saw a Bitfenix that was like that.

Solution
My Dell XPS 630 has an inverted motherboard configuration but I don't thing you'll want that. As you know cool air sinks and warm air rises. With an inverted motherboard, your video card will be drawing warmer air from the top of the case rather than the bottom. I don't suggest a case like this as it will produce slightly higher temperatures for your GPU. Plus there arn't many out there so you don't have the wide arrange of cases that a standard layout would offer you.

TL:DR
The SilverStone Raven (Silverstone RV02B-EW) is the closest I can think of.

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

I saw a TJ107 like that but I think it was modified. I am interested in buying it if it has the ability to mount the videocards exhausting toward the top of the chassis

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

Thanks, but...
1) I'm not willing to pay $400 for a case
2) That isn't exactly what I meant by reverse

I was meaning something like this Bitfenix: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811345013
It has the right side open for access instead of the left, and the motherboard mounts CPU down.

Briskk

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
My Dell XPS 630 has an inverted motherboard configuration but I don't thing you'll want that. As you know cool air sinks and warm air rises. With an inverted motherboard, your video card will be drawing warmer air from the top of the case rather than the bottom. I don't suggest a case like this as it will produce slightly higher temperatures for your GPU. Plus there arn't many out there so you don't have the wide arrange of cases that a standard layout would offer you.

TL:DR
The SilverStone Raven (Silverstone RV02B-EW) is the closest I can think of.

Solution

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

Thanks for the reply. Yes, those are all good points. I may have to re-think.