New GPU have lines on display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al1234

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi, good day to all!

I have a question about my graphics card which is a Sapphire 7770 vapor-x. i bought this card before Christmas as a replacement for my 6670 which ran fine for almost year and i have not experience problems with it. With my new card, every game runs great too except for one thing, there seem to be some lines in my screen especially when you're in game and that game has dark areas, (ex. DOTA 2's main menu). These line arent permanent coz they seem to be moving, i dont know what to call it,maybe microstutters? These lines are also visible in desktop,but it is hardly noticeable, in fact, i cant even see it when im using windows mediaplayer( dark areas).

So my question is, what is this lines? Is there a problem with my video card?

Note:
Updated to Catalyst 12.11
using it on i5-2500 non k cooled by 212 evo
600watts HEC Rapter II
Video card is hooked with a DVI adapter and monitor is on VGA

there is also no heating on any of my parts

Solution

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

I had a similar problem and when I had it I thought it was my GPU as well. After trying alot of things, I just found out that it was the HDMI cable I was using was going bad and when replaced the problem was fixed. I dont know if its the same thing you might have but whatever your using try a new or spare cable and see if the problem persists.

Solution

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

It's something you enable in the BIOS that stops your motherboard from receiving unessacary interference.

Al1234

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
hello again,it seems i fixed the problem by turning vsync on in games. not all of it are gone, but its no longer visible that much. Still, i have to buy a new cable and dvi connector to see if it goes away some how.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

It seems like its just a cable problem, but happy you got it a little better!

Status
Not open for further replies.