Closed Solved

New GPU have lines on display

Hi, good day to all!


I have a question about my graphics card which is a Sapphire 7770 vapor-x. i bought this card before Christmas as a replacement for my 6670 which ran fine for almost year and i have not experience problems with it. With my new card, every game runs great too except for one thing, there seem to be some lines in my screen especially when you're in game and that game has dark areas, (ex. DOTA 2's main menu). These line arent permanent coz they seem to be moving, i dont know what to call it,maybe microstutters? These lines are also visible in desktop,but it is hardly noticeable, in fact, i cant even see it when im using windows mediaplayer( dark areas).

So my question is, what is this lines? Is there a problem with my video card?

Note:
Updated to Catalyst 12.11
using it on i5-2500 non k cooled by 212 evo
600watts HEC Rapter II
Video card is hooked with a DVI adapter and monitor is on VGA


there is also no heating on any of my parts
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lines display
  1. Best answer
    Al1234 said:
    Hi, good day to all!


    I have a question about my graphics card which is a Sapphire 7770 vapor-x. i bought this card before Christmas as a replacement for my 6670 which ran fine for almost year and i have not experience problems with it. With my new card, every game runs great too except for one thing, there seem to be some lines in my screen especially when you're in game and that game has dark areas, (ex. DOTA 2's main menu). These line arent permanent coz they seem to be moving, i dont know what to call it,maybe microstutters? These lines are also visible in desktop,but it is hardly noticeable, in fact, i cant even see it when im using windows mediaplayer( dark areas).

    So my question is, what is this lines? Is there a problem with my video card?

    Note:
    Updated to Catalyst 12.11
    using it on i5-2500 non k cooled by 212 evo
    600watts HEC Rapter II
    Video card is hooked with a DVI adapter and monitor is on VGA


    there is also no heating on any of my parts


    I had a similar problem and when I had it I thought it was my GPU as well. After trying alot of things, I just found out that it was the HDMI cable I was using was going bad and when replaced the problem was fixed. I dont know if its the same thing you might have but whatever your using try a new or spare cable and see if the problem persists.
  2. ensure that the pci spread spectrum is enabled and see to it that there is on magnetic interference to the cable.
  3. what is pci spread spectrum? i"ll try changing the cable and hook my monitor to dvi and see if it changes anything.
  4. Al1234 said:
    what is pci spread spectrum? i"ll try changing the cable and hook my monitor to dvi and see if it changes anything.


    It's something you enable in the BIOS that stops your motherboard from receiving unessacary interference.
  5. hello again,it seems i fixed the problem by turning vsync on in games. not all of it are gone, but its no longer visible that much. Still, i have to buy a new cable and dvi connector to see if it goes away some how.
  6. Al1234 said:
    hello again,it seems i fixed the problem by turning vsync on in games. not all of it are gone, but its no longer visible that much. Still, i have to buy a new cable and dvi connector to see if it goes away some how.


    It seems like its just a cable problem, but happy you got it a little better!
  7. I bought a new DVI cable and i finally fixed it..thanks for all your help!
  8. Al1234 said:
    I bought a new DVI cable and i finally fixed it..thanks for all your help!


    Yeah, thats what I though it was. Happy to hear that you got it all worked out!
  9. Best answer selected by Al1234.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics