Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New GPU have lines on display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2013 4:31:48 AM

Hi, good day to all!

I have a question about my graphics card which is a Sapphire 7770 vapor-x. i bought this card before Christmas as a replacement for my 6670 which ran fine for almost year and i have not experience problems with it. With my new card, every game runs great too except for one thing, there seem to be some lines in my screen especially when you're in game and that game has dark areas, (ex. DOTA 2's main menu). These line arent permanent coz they seem to be moving, i dont know what to call it,maybe microstutters? These lines are also visible in desktop,but it is hardly noticeable, in fact, i cant even see it when im using windows mediaplayer( dark areas).

So my question is, what is this lines? Is there a problem with my video card?

Note:
Updated to Catalyst 12.11
using it on i5-2500 non k cooled by 212 evo
600watts HEC Rapter II
Video card is hooked with a DVI adapter and monitor is on VGA

there is also no heating on any of my parts

More about : gpu lines display

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 6:20:53 AM

Al1234 said:
Hi, good day to all!

I have a question about my graphics card which is a Sapphire 7770 vapor-x. i bought this card before Christmas as a replacement for my 6670 which ran fine for almost year and i have not experience problems with it. With my new card, every game runs great too except for one thing, there seem to be some lines in my screen especially when you're in game and that game has dark areas, (ex. DOTA 2's main menu). These line arent permanent coz they seem to be moving, i dont know what to call it,maybe microstutters? These lines are also visible in desktop,but it is hardly noticeable, in fact, i cant even see it when im using windows mediaplayer( dark areas).

So my question is, what is this lines? Is there a problem with my video card?

Note:
Updated to Catalyst 12.11
using it on i5-2500 non k cooled by 212 evo
600watts HEC Rapter II
Video card is hooked with a DVI adapter and monitor is on VGA

there is also no heating on any of my parts

I had a similar problem and when I had it I thought it was my GPU as well. After trying alot of things, I just found out that it was the HDMI cable I was using was going bad and when replaced the problem was fixed. I dont know if its the same thing you might have but whatever your using try a new or spare cable and see if the problem persists.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 6:59:16 AM

ensure that the pci spread spectrum is enabled and see to it that there is on magnetic interference to the cable.
Score
Related resources
January 7, 2013 3:30:04 PM

what is pci spread spectrum? i"ll try changing the cable and hook my monitor to dvi and see if it changes anything.
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 6:24:06 PM

Al1234 said:
what is pci spread spectrum? i"ll try changing the cable and hook my monitor to dvi and see if it changes anything.

It's something you enable in the BIOS that stops your motherboard from receiving unessacary interference.
Score
January 8, 2013 11:39:53 AM

hello again,it seems i fixed the problem by turning vsync on in games. not all of it are gone, but its no longer visible that much. Still, i have to buy a new cable and dvi connector to see if it goes away some how.
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:53:19 PM

Al1234 said:
hello again,it seems i fixed the problem by turning vsync on in games. not all of it are gone, but its no longer visible that much. Still, i have to buy a new cable and dvi connector to see if it goes away some how.

It seems like its just a cable problem, but happy you got it a little better!
Score
January 11, 2013 2:16:08 AM

I bought a new DVI cable and i finally fixed it..thanks for all your help!
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2013 6:37:24 AM

Al1234 said:
I bought a new DVI cable and i finally fixed it..thanks for all your help!

Yeah, thats what I though it was. Happy to hear that you got it all worked out!
Score
January 21, 2013 2:10:53 AM

Best answer selected by Al1234.
Score
!